Feature to keep movie extras better organised

TheGremlin

TheGremlin

Hi,

I allways do a complete Rip of my Blurays into Makemkv and try to convert the structure as close to the Original Bluray as possible.

For example: I name the chapters of a movie, if they are named on the original bluray or if they have a small chapter paper inside the bluray box.
I also rip the Bluray Menu and put it inside emby as backdrop. I try to preserve as much as possible, the only exception are languages. I just keep the native language of the movie + my native language. Sometimes bluray extras have a sub-structure. I have a screenshot to explain what I mean:Paprika.thumb.PNG.6b1c7b0717621ab4a6905b6bfd4857f2.PNG

On the left side is the structure of the main bluray menu. On the right side is the sub-structure of the specific bluray extra.
I tried allready some attempts by myself, but I found never a solution, which I was real happy with it.

1. My first attempt was to rip every bluray extra as a own mkv file: Example: File 1: "Sequence - Parade - Vergleich Storyboard.mkv", File 2: "Sequence - Parade - Original Zeichnungen & Charakter-Darstellungen.mkv", File 3: "Sequence - Parade - Original Zeichnungen.mkv", File 4: "File 4: "Sequence - Parade - Charakter-Darstellungen.mkv". The bad thing about it, you got many many many extras for some movies, which results into a confusing & complex overview of extras, because of it's sheer mass. 

2. My second attempt was to merge all extras of one sub-structure into a single file and create chapters for each single file. After that I use a chapter editor and named the chapters after the sub-structure of the movie. This method keeps the number of extras small and it looks "nice & clean" inside emby. The problem is, you can't work with this inside emby if you have movies, because there is no chapter view for movie extras. This method works very nice for TV-Shows, since "Specials" inside TV-Shows are handled like Episode. You can look into the chapters and jump directly into a specific chapter if you want this.

So my request would be a method, to keep movie extras a little bit more organised. Perhaps it would be possible to add some sub-structure, on the Extras Tab?

Maybe it would also be possible to open a extra in chapter view?

I don't know. Maybe somebody got a "best practice" solution for it. I haven't found a solution, with I am happy for right now 😕.

A good example for a bluray with mass extras is for example "Grindhouse" Double Feature.

In this case I would create 3 sub-structures: 1. Planet Terror, 2. Deathproof, 3. Grindhouse. This Bluray has with it's Bonus Disc around 45 extras.

I have also started to numbering the extras to keep them a little bit organised.

• Like 1