EMBY wrong folders.

gokuz

PenkethBoy
6 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

I can't remember but I thought we only say the change via the metadata manager.

IIRC i think it does more than that as it would not rebuild the db

Happy2Play
5 minutes ago, PenkethBoy said:

IIRC i think it does more than that as it would not rebuild the db

Yep just looked at my stable that it changed folder view of every item in MM and folder icon on every item in folder view.

system.xml <CollapseVideoFolders>false</CollapseVideoFolders>

library options.xml in my case is before <CollapseSingleItemFolders> was added as I have not changed this library or hit save in this library since creation in MediaBrowser server.  But would reflect <CollapseSingleItemFolders>false</CollapseSingleItemFolders> if I hit save.  All newly recreate libraries are <CollapseSingleItemFolders>true</CollapseSingleItemFolders> even if system is false and new installations have system to true.

Happy2Play
Just now, PenkethBoy said:

LOL - if i understood that correctly then a bit of a mess

Very as the age of your installation can provide different results compared to a install today.

PenkethBoy

just checked my test server with has collapse as true and the movies are in folders directly under the movies root folder

and i do not get any folder icons in folder Tab view

PenkethBoy

Putting two movies below an Avengers folder - to add an extra folder layer

Has produced in the folder tab a "folder" called avengers - with an icon

inside that are the two movies

Not sure thats what i expected

Hmm mess!

Happy2Play
6 minutes ago, PenkethBoy said:

just checked my test server with has collapse as true and the movies are in folders directly under the movies root folder

and i do not get any folder icons in folder Tab view

Right they are collapsed instead of showing item folder.

slightly different as servers are different but collapse vs not

true.jpg.039c2dc4a932a6266f434a34a02dded1.jpg

Will show additional layer in folder view also

false.jpg.80a6b09d5a7fa3629b7cd4e8d8a588c0.jpg

PenkethBoy

with collapse = true

get for avengers

705681133_Annotation2020-09-11211258.jpg.53790fa4812051a2d99b8a638de37c79.jpg

which i guess is correct

as the collapse works on the movie TAB - which thinking about it is where it should work

1033034556_Annotation2020-09-11211417.thumb.jpg.af4e4a0b90dc29836e67d4eddcc12b10.jpg

so with the options i have enabled then its working correctly for me

Happy2Play
27 minutes ago, PenkethBoy said:

with collapse = true

get for avengers

705681133_Annotation2020-09-11211258.jpg.53790fa4812051a2d99b8a638de37c79.jpg

which i guess is correct

as the collapse works on the movie TAB - which thinking about it is where it should work

1033034556_Annotation2020-09-11211417.thumb.jpg.af4e4a0b90dc29836e67d4eddcc12b10.jpg

so with the options i have enabled then its working correctly for me

Correct and in Folders tab you will have a Avengers folder as you have a nested folder structure.

Note system collapse true setting overrides library collapse settings.  System has to be false for library options to work.

PenkethBoy

yes have Avengers folder on Folder Tab now

This is not complex at all - LOL

@cayars if there is not one already you need to craft a knowledge base article on this before we forget again what option does what / vs server version and when it was created

also downsides of changing an option in xml files etc etc

Good luck with that :)

1 minute ago, PenkethBoy said:

@cayars if there is not one already you need to craft a knowledge base article on this before we forget again what option does what / vs server version and when it was created

also downsides of changing an option in xml files etc etc

Good luck with that :)

Drat, now I have to read the whole thread to make sure I understand the request. LOL

I'm not sure I'd even know how to document this as the age of the install is going to come into play.

What exactly would you like to see documented?

Happy2Play
6 minutes ago, cayars said:

I'm not sure I'd even know how to document this as the age of the install is going to come into play.

Well who knows when/if Luke will actually remove it and when it is removed we will have some angry people as it will force a library rebuid on their systems and or make user upset they don't have this view anymore.

On 12/16/2019 at 7:42 AM, Luke said:

This is actually intended behavior. That flag is not meant to be a personal preference. One day it will go away.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/80488-folder-view-home-videos/

Edited by Happy2Play

PenkethBoy
36 minutes ago, cayars said:

Even more reason to have a document on how it is now with the various options that affect what a user sees and how emby works

yes its complex as it took happy and me a few minutes to remember and figure out whats going on etc etc

Happy2Play

I honestly don't believe this has anything to do with OP issue as I can reproduce the issue with these season folder names and using proper season folders it is identified properly.

That's what I was thinking just reading this Happy2Play but didn't test anything so I didn't want to comment.

Happy2Play

The issue here is from the changes that happened in the Auto detection system (Jellyfin does not have) that applies to Mixed content being used in TV Show content type to allow users to use a nested/complex folder structure.

And this system is not locking said series folder as a series folder and moves to the season folder and make it the series folder.  Unfortunately when this happens there is no way to correct it beside only using tv naming support document.  Now there is no issue using proper season x folders then editing the Display title in UI/metadata.

@Luke can confirm in reference to OP, but my tests provide same results as OP, but still don't know naming scheme used.

Edited by Happy2Play

8 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

The issue here is from the changes that happened in the Auto detection system (Jellyfin does not have) that applies to Mixed content being used in TV Show content type to allow users to use a nested/complex folder structure.

And this system is not locking said series folder as a series folder and moves to the season folder and make it the series folder.  Unfortunately when this happens there is no way to correct it beside only using tv naming support document.  Now there is no issue using proper season x folders then editing the Display title in UI/metadata.

@Luke can confirm in reference to OP, but my tests provide same results as OP, but still don't know naming scheme used.

I use, e.g. Slayers - S01E01 - Pilot.mkv

I respect the file naming scheme emby uses but I need to have custom folder names. 

6 hours ago, gokuz said:

I respect the file naming scheme emby uses but I need to have custom folder names. 

Hi,

I've got a decent size library but no anime at all in my collection. I'd like to recreate this and do some testing.  Can you tell us:

What metadata providers you have enabled for this library. Screen shots would be helpful of the configuration so we get the order correctly.

If you've installed any other plugins like the Anime plug that is directly related to metadata

Could you open a command prompt and navigate to the TV/Slayers directory as show in the op post

TV

├──  Slayers
           ├── 01. Slayers (original)
           ├── 02. Slayers Next
           ├── 03. Slayers Try
           ├── 04. Slayers Revolution
           ├── 05. Slayers Evolution-R
           └── Movies

Then run "dir /s > dir.txt".

That will supply us the folder and file names of all subs.  Please upload the dir.txt file and then you can delete that file form the folder.

Thanks,

Carlo

On 12/09/2020 at 22:39, cayars said:

Could you open a command prompt and navigate to the TV/Slayers directory as show in the op post

I gave in and rename all my folders. No point continuing if there's no solution except to cave.

You're now part of the Borg collective and have been assimilated. :)

Kidding aside, is it now working better for you after renaming?