The app will not open

sooty234

sooty234

Just tried uninstalling and reinstalling when on wifi. The app starts, first time. But if I switch to cell network, it won't open and continues to crash no matter what network I'm on.

UPDATE:

Changing network doesn't matter. It won't open a second time, regardless.

Edited by sooty234

mark-in-dallas

I had the same issue after installing Emby Server 4.5.0.24 beta, as did many others. 4.5.0.25 was released this morning and fixed the issue for me and others.  I did have to uninstall and reinstall Android Mobile before I was able to access it again though.

You're good with that version.  There was an issue with a late beta release that caused an issue similar to yours, so that's why I asked.

Are you changing the network (wifi to cell, cell to wifi) while the app is open or is it closed?  Just wondering if perhaps the network change while running might be causing a problem?

mark-in-dallas

Thoughts you might try:

Clear cache and data, uninstall Emby,  reboot the phone and then reinstall Emby

Too little, too late I guess.  Glad you got it working again.

Edited by mark-in-dallas

jachin99

Im getting the same issue on a pixel 4a.  The app crashes immediately most of the time.  I can uninstall and reinstall emby and the app will open but crash as soon as I play live TV.  I didn't have this issue on my pixel XL 1

sooty234

It crashes on execution both on wifi and mobile data. When on mobile data, it doesn't prompt to send a report, but it does on wifi (I just sent the report). This app is totally messed up. I guess I'll just stop using it.

Edited by sooty234

sooty234

Well, I did a clean install of the beta mobile app 3.1.36 a few hours ago, and it's still working. I tested with the previous build, and it also would crash. Stay tuned....

On 12/09/2020 at 03:31, sooty234 said:

I just sent the report

Is that an in-app report, or a Google crash feedback?