"Are You Still Watching" Prompt Not Working

dbtech

Like the title says, I've got Emby Server 4.4.3.0 setup in a Docker container.

I've disabled the "Are you still watching" prompt, but, for some reason, on my Roku TV (Version 4.0 build 4), I still get prompted after 2 episodes.

I have rebooted the TV. I have reinstalled the app on my TV. I have restarted the Docker container. I feel like the only thing I haven't tried is a factory reset on the TV.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue of being prompted even though I have it turned off in the server? There doesn't appear to be any options to change this in the Roku app.

I've attached my most recent log files.

Thanks in advance for any help I might be able to get.

embyserver.txt

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, dbtech said:

I have it turned off in the server

This is a per app setting not a server setting.  Have you disabled it within the Roku app settings?

As I said in my original post, "There doesn't appear to be any options to change this in the Roku app."

Also, attached is a screenshot from my server that shows "Are you still watching" prompt at the server level.

image.thumb.png.df00ff9074ea18cee073a7f2fdeda640.png

Happy2Play

Correct as that is for that browser/web client. I  will pull up my Roku app and get exact location and update post if the Roku gods have not already posted.

Edited by Happy2Play

Happy2Play

Open Emby Roku channel scroll down to settings or hit *, Settings-Playback-Enable Are you still watching-yes/no

If you do not have this option on your Emby Roku channel, What version are you using?

zKJ4h9I.png

As @Happy2Play has stated these are per-app settings for auto-play next episode. You might on your Roku at night want this, but on every other app not want this.

Okay. Just went back into settings. I've been there a dozen times in the last 2 days. Only saw the 5 options as shown in the attachment.

There is no indication that there are more options that can be accessed by scrolling down, so I never did. Ended up finding the "Are you still watching prompt" and was able to turn it off. Testing results now. 

Thank you for your help.

image.png.b6a8f6ba5856d6e385e1776711e9a511.png

For some reason @speechles has a display that shows that there are more options. Mine doesn't have that. 

Also, @speechles it plays a couple of episodes and then stops. The issue was the "Are you still watching" prompt that was hiding as I don't have any indication that there are more than just 5 options. You can see my dashboard in my previous comments.

Happy2Play
Just now, dbtech said:

For some reason @speechles has a display that shows that there are more options. Mine doesn't have that. 

Also, @speechles it plays a couple of episodes and then stops. The issue was the "Are you still watching" prompt that was hiding as I don't have any indication that there are more than just 5 options. You can see my dashboard in my previous comments.

That is why I asked for your version.  But can you scroll down on that screen?

1 minute ago, Happy2Play said:

That is why I asked for your version.  But can you scroll down on that screen?

I was able to scroll down on that screen despite no indication.

After your first message, I just randomly hit the down arrow an extra time when I got to what I thought was the bottom of the list and found that there were more options in the list that I was unaware of.

Ended up finding the "Are you still watching prompt" and was able to turn it off. Testing results now.  

I'm on version 4.0 build 4.

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, dbtech said:

I'm on version 4.0 build 4.

The image above is the beta channel 4.0.9.  Personally I stay on beta channel as it can be updated instantly and not have to wait on Roku approval.

Edited by Happy2Play

There should be little triangles to show there are more. At the top is a triangle unless you are on the top option. At the bottom is a triangle until you are on the last option. Are those triangles not showing on yours? You do see the triangles on my screen shot? Those should be on yours. They should show on the Roku Beta app. If they are not in the Roku Beta app showing they will on the next Beta release. I will check right now what is up with those triangles.

Edited by speechles

I clicked the link, signed in, added the beta channel, got the notification that it's installed and might take up to 24 hours, but I can force an update.

So I forced an update.

image.png.5bf3a70dea17370840a29d4dd5d74e2b.png

This is what I got:

image.png.f37db10ed9adb636826ec3359c50903f.png

So I guess I'll wait a while and see if I can install it later since I can't for right now.

https://my.roku.com/account/add?channel=EmbyBeta

Is that the link you clicked? That is the correct link to the Beta. Make sure to click this link and add this channel. You should get a warning. That warning is because these private apps are not vouched for by Roku. Use an application on your Roku that facilitates piracy in this way and you can get your Roku banned. The warning pops up on ALL private apps to warn you that certain developers are unscrupulus and using private channel applications can get you in hot water. Do not worry about that message with Emby. But do not think WOW. Private Channels can be anything. Wow. Then go and do the wrong thing. Roku knows what you watch on your Roku. We do not encourage you to use private applications on your Roku that are illegal. Enough about that. Now go enjoy the Beta. ^_~

That's the link I clicked. I got a warning. I accepted the warning. It said it could take up to 24 hours to show up. I've manually checked for updates. I've searched for Emby in app search. I only see "Emby". Nothing shows for anything beta at this point. I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow to see if anything changes. 

Rudely unplug the Roku TV. Wait 10 seconds or so. Then plug it back in.

Now turn on the TV and let the Roku start up. Once this happens try to update again and see if it works. Sometimes this trick gets around their "update once in 24 hours" cycle when it sees the TV has freshly been given power after an absense.

Basically you want to simulate a power outage in regards to what your Roku TV thinks happened.

Edited by speechles

I was in the middle of streaming a TV show on Emby. I just walked over and unplugged the tv. I waited about 20 seconds (I counted). Plugged the TV back in. Went to system settings and checked for an update. No update. It's fine. I've tried multiple times to get it to update and it just won't do it today for whatever reason.  Still going to have to wait.

Emby Beta finally showed up on my TV and I have the arrows showing now. Also, it's been playing non-stop for 17 hours and hasn't given me any issues. Thanks for all the help!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dbtech said:

Emby Beta finally showed up on my TV and I have the arrows showing now. Also, it's been playing non-stop for 17 hours and hasn't given me any issues. Thanks for all the help!!

Glad you got it working!