Need help with 2 Synology Boxes

Carlo

Hi guys, I'm trying to help a customer but have hit a snag and could use some help.

Basically there are two NAS boxes with Emby installed on one of them.

Anything that is stored on the local Synology box is scanned into Emby just fine but having a lot of trouble trying to add the 2nd box.

I've tried remote mounting the 2nd box via NFS to the 1st and from inside of Emby can add this to the library and I can see the sub folders.

But Emby complains during scanning that it can't access the location even though it let me select it.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Carlo

@Luke we used the remote mount with nfs and it mounts on the other NAS.  Can browse the mount point in Emby to select the folder to add containing all the movies.  But then when Emby is scanning it doesn't do anything and complains it doesn't have access to the path that was selected in Emby GUI.

I didn't see a way to use a particular user when doing the NFS mount but once mounted the embysvr user was given read/write access.  I'm probably missing something very small but since it's not my NAS I don't want to be making a lot of changes and though I'd ask here.

BTW, his windows PC can access the shares just fine from both NAS boxes so if windows was run on the PC it would be easy.  The issues seems to be getting one NAS box to pull/read files from the other NAS box INSIDE of Emby.

OK that's strange because there was not an Emby user on either box when I started and Emby would run.  There was Embysvr however on both boxes.

I personally created a user named "emby" on both for testing shares.