Synology DSM7.0 Beta & emby

eliteharbinger

LinuxWalker

That rocked! So I upgraded to DSM 7.0 beta and Migrated Emby to Docker last night...

I did this primarily because I had a prior install of Emby that went bad and support told me Emby was unsupported and that I had to reinstall DSM, since that rebuild I didn't want to have to do that again!

Using the Backup Plugin (Which was fantastic!) I did a backup to a folder on my NAS and then uninstalled 4.6.0.6 and then upgraded to DSM 7.0

And since I went to Docker I had to create 2 new docker volumes, one for the config folder and another for my media share and the XML's in the backup folder were super easy to modify and change my Library's Locations... (/volume1/media to /mnt/share1)

After I reinstalled Emby 4.6.0.7 last night and did a restore it went perfect! I lost my library's but after a rescan everything came back including my in-progress shows...

Of course I noticed that Emby 4.6.0.8 came out today so I tested the new upgrade method and even though I upgraded the image I was required to delete the container and recreate it

But that didn't matter because I was able to create an upgrade script to delete the container, upgrade the image, and then recreate the container...

I swear Emby is even faster in the container than when it was a native app!

Edited by LinuxWalker

On 12/19/2020 at 7:29 PM, Luke said:

For those interested in trying out a test build:

Please leave feedback in that topic. Thanks.

Thanks.

Super Luke!

I just installed it and found out that I have to go through the entire setup again. No big deal. But when I add the Movies (shared) directory on my NAS to Emby, it cannot find any of the files. I suppose it must be a permission thing, but can't figure out what to do. Can you put me on the right track? What is the relationship (if any) between the user created at the start of the setup of Emby with the users of my NAS?

45 minutes ago, hgpuke said:

Super Luke!

I just installed it and found out that I have to go through the entire setup again. No big deal. But when I add the Movies (shared) directory on my NAS to Emby, it cannot find any of the files. I suppose it must be a permission thing, but can't figure out what to do. Can you put me on the right track? What is the relationship (if any) between the user created at the start of the setup of Emby with the users of my NAS?

Check this topic, where the beta discussion has been moved to. This solution is working:

13 hours ago, kaj said:

Check this topic, where the beta discussion has been moved to. This solution is working:

Great! Thanks! It works now for me too. And I will following discussions on the Beta thread instead.