Deleted files

Joanie214

Joanie214

Hi, I've been so happy with Emby after switching over from Plex.  Out if nowhere episodes of my complete T.Zone, are disappearing and being deleted from my windows file.  I've made no changes.  Any help would be appreciated. Jdesign

Hi,

Check to make sure no users have DELETE privs in Emby.  If none of your users have the ability to delete files then it's likely not Emby deleting the files but just reacting to the files being removed from some other means.

Joanie214

Caters, there is nothing else that could be deleting my files.  I think there must be an option to remove once watched and I just can't find it.

Thank you for your response.

1 minute ago, Joanie214 said:

Caters, there is nothing else that could be deleting my files.  I think there must be an option to remove once watched and I just can't find it.

We don't have any such feature. If you can provide the emby server log from when you think the deletion occurred, then we can verify if it happened through Emby or not.

• Like 1

Joanie214

I will try to find the log, but I'm not sure what other possibilities there are.  What else could access my drive or my emby server?

What else could access my drive

As this question is specific to your environment, i can't really say. Log file instructions can be found here:

Thanks.