Roku play next episode automatically not working.

jboydude

jboydude

When I start watching a show and the episode ends it will not load the next episode. The loading bar never changes. Using current synology beta and rocku app. Works fine on nvidia shield and chrome web browser.

Happy2Play

Can you go over a specific example and provide a server log.  The Roku player is not as resilient as other player.

@speechles

Apologies...This might be the same issue we have been fighting for some time. It is sporadic and hard to pinpoint if it is time out on segments or out of order segments or what is happening.

Can you provide the media info from the bottom of the web app for one of those items that hangs? I am positive this is during transcoding and related to HLS. We have been trying to get to the bottom of this issue.

Edited by speechles

Happy2Play

Logically at least from metadata what would be next in this example "How I Met Your Mother/Extras/(2) Video Yearbook.avi"?  There is no provider metadata, no season/episode number and can only guess Extras folder is suppose to be Specials/Season 0.

@speechles I don't really do specials/extras but could it be the logic of what is next for "How I Met Your Mother/Extras/(2) Video Yearbook.avi"? 

jboydude

It played a few of those episodes before it stopped i believe. Sometimes it is right after the first episode and sometimes it is after it plays for a while. This is the result of playing all on a series and it starting with the season 0 folder. Same thing happened when streaming everybody loves Raymond the other day but it played a few episodes and then stopped.

Also when I play an episode it should auto play the next episode. Or at least prompt me like it does on shield tv and other platforms. I am always pushed back to the episode screen I started. I have double checked that auto play next episode is enabled. 

Yeah we lack that "next episode starting in XX seconds" screen on Roku. It is on our roadmap to get this on Roku too.

As far as hanging on playback at the end and not progress to the next this is a problem. Very interested in solving that problem. Thank you for the logs. We will investigate more on this now that other work has been completed. Thanks for the help. Please report any, and all issues you find. We enjoy solving issues. ;)

Edited by speechles
  • Like 1