Cloudflare

Alexwerilles

Alexwerilles

I don't know what I may be doing wrong, as I have little knowledge of linux.

I'm trying to add Cloudflare to the server. The domain is already working on Cloudflare, but I can only open it with port 8920 at the end of the address (https: //****.com: 8920). If I type only the address does not open and if I type with port 443 it also does not open.

I thought the solution was port forwarding, but I did as I saw on the internet, but to no avail

My server is in Debian.

mastrmind11
On 9/7/2020 at 11:06 AM, Alexwerilles said:

I don't know what I may be doing wrong, as I have little knowledge of linux.

I'm trying to add Cloudflare to the server. The domain is already working on Cloudflare, but I can only open it with port 8920 at the end of the address (https: //****.com: 8920). If I type only the address does not open and if I type with port 443 it also does not open.

I thought the solution was port forwarding, but I did as I saw on the internet, but to no avail

My server is in Debian.

Could be that your provider blocks 443 (and likely 80), which is not uncommon practice for an isp.  Can you see the ports open after you've forwarded them when you run a port scan?

Alexwerilles
On 9/9/2020 at 9:18 AM, mastrmind11 said:

Pode ser que seu provedor bloqueie 443 (e provavelmente 80), o que não é uma prática incomum para um provedor de serviços de Internet. Você consegue ver as portas abertas depois de encaminhá-las ao executar uma verificação de portas?

emby is on a dedicated server, not on my pc. From what I looked for, no door is blocked

I just don't know if it is really necessary to forward the port on a dedicated server and, if so, how to do it.

Edited by Alexwerilles