Shutdown & Startup

Dibbes

Dibbes

I'd like to have a possibility to have Emby display an unavailability page between certain times. So for example, if an admin wants to shutsdown their storage between midnight and 9am that Emby gives an unavailable page instead of having to shut down and start up Emby with a Windows Task which completely shuts down the Emby server. 

This could be expanded to having this per library so if a library aren't available, instead of an eternal spinning wheel when clicking on this, have an unavailable page 

Dibbes
20 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

But if the server is shut down then there is no server to present the page

Which is the reason I'd like an unavailable page from Emby, preferable something I can display on a schedule...

For example, I have 3 NAS boxes with a total of 35 spinning disks. I like to shut down the NAS boxes overnight and have these spinning up on a schedule. The Windows 2019 server where Emby is running on, will be running as it's also performing other tasks. (Also, scheduled boot on Windows is not superb, tbh). Anyway, Since the server is running, I just want Emby to display an unavailable page instead of displaying the normal home pages and spinning wheels and time out back to the detail pages, etc. because storage is not available.

I don't like to used the scheduled task to shut down and start up the server for this, as it bring Emby down completely giving users nothing to connect to.

Edited by Dibbes

rbjtech

Why not schedule starting an alternative version of emby on the same server which has just been setup to look at a local file - called 'Emby is Offline' for example.

That way your users get a response while your NAS are offline.

Other options are DDNS/PAT/reverse -proxies could also be used to re-direct to another instance of Emby (or any web-server) running on different ports.

But an offline mode - would be nice 😃

Dibbes
22 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

Why not schedule starting an alternative version of emby on the same server which has just been setup to look at a local file - called 'Emby is Offline' for example.

Because that gives login issues and people will get confused, especially when most of the users are not on the local network...