Episodes Present - Show as Missing

SilentDis
Go to solution Solved by SilentDis,

SilentDis

Emby Server 4.5.0.23

Ubuntu Server 20.04.1

TV show library has decided that Season 4 of Scrubs mostly doesn't exist, except episode 4.

These files are very much present, permissions are good, Emby can write to the directory, and it's even indexing things; populating .nfo files in-directory fine.

Things I've tried:

Removing directory from server, deleting everything but the .avi files, converting said .avis to h264 MP4s with AAC audio, refreshing library, moving folder back to server with a different name (Season 4, rather than Season 04), and rescanning, did not help.

Moved folder, hosed metadata for season, deleted everything but the MP4s, renaming folder back to "Season 04", moving it back to server. Did not help, same situation.

At this point, I'd be fine with just filling in the path to each of these files by hand if it helps, but can't find a way to do so from the metadata manager or the like.

I am not having any problems with any other series, and there are hundreds up there, all working fine.

Any suggestions?

Screenshot_20200906_134946-fs8.png

screencapture-sensenet-tessier-ashpool-sa-net-8096-web-index-html-2020-09-06-13_47_43-fs8.png

Happy2Play

If you went to the item details page one of the missing items what does it show in Media Info section near the bottom?

Disabling User setting "Display missing episodes within seasons" corrects the issue right? User Icon-Display  

A complete library scan is suppose to correct the issue removing the virtual item and replacing it with the real item.

SilentDis
1 hour ago, Happy2Play said:

If you went to the item details page one of the missing items what does it show in Media Info section near the bottom?

Nothing is shown for Media Info section at the bottom. Period.

Disabling User setting "Display missing episodes within seasons" corrects the issue right? User Icon-Display  

Disabling "Display missing episodes within seasons" does not correct the issue - they simply disappear, well, all but the one episode Emby has deemed anyone worthy of seeing in the collection.

A complete library scan is suppose to correct the issue removing the virtual item and replacing it with the real item.

No change after a complete library scan.

screencapture-sensenet-tessier-ashpool-sa-net-8096-web-index-html-2020-09-06-15_28_34-fs8.png

screencapture-sensenet-tessier-ashpool-sa-net-8096-web-index-html-2020-09-06-15_27_31-fs8.png

Happy2Play

Probably need to see a server log.  If there is no media info that would suggest Emby is having issues reading the files.  But it is just a guessing game as you would appear to have a different issue then all the other topics.

Edited by Happy2Play

SilentDis
2 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Probably need to see a server log

Which log files? Do you need them trimmed? Is there a secure way to post these, as they obviously contain a lot of personal data, not only my own but other users?

Happy2Play

Ideally the server log showing the items being imported, but not sure if a library scan log will show anything.  If you don't want to sanitize and post them you can PM them ensuring to reference this topic.  Note other staff members may be added to that PM to ensure the right person sees the logs.

SilentDis
6 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Ideally the server log showing the items being imported, but not sure if a library scan log will show anything.  If you don't want to sanitize and post them you can PM them ensuring to reference this topic.  Note other staff members may be added to that PM to ensure the right person sees the logs.

I've PMed the embyserver.log file to you.

Again, thanks so much for the help on this - please let me know if I grabbed the wrong file or the like :)

• Solution
SilentDis

@Happy2Play Found the problem quickly after a glance at the logs; I'd missed an "S" before each season identifier: Scrubs S04E01 My Old Friend's New Friends.mp4. Quickly scripting and adding that to the file name corrected the issue entirely.

I'll go sit in the corner and think about how stupid I am, now. LOL