Accidental Deletion?

sundevil67

sundevil67

I have a mystery here that I am hoping someone may be able to help solve.

All of a sudden, 8 or 9 episodes of a show I'd been watching are just gone. I'm not completely sure if the 'activity log' would show a mass-deletion like that, but either way there's no record of it there. It had to have happened during the last few days. I tried searching the debug log (the show is "Project Blue Book"), but there's so much info in there related to behind the scenes DVR activity, it's hard for me to decipher what's related to what.

The trash can is full of stuff from before this happened, so it's not been emptied, but I am pretty sure that when a media file remotely deleted, it is instantly deleted vs just being moved to the Trash anyway. Of course at the moment I am away from my home office, so my Time Machine backup system is temporarily unavailable/disconnected.

One other strange detail: the thumbnail images for episodes 1-7 are still remaining in the "Season 1" directory. Is this the normal behavior if episodes are deleted through the Emby interface?

Any ideas on what might have happened here would be appreciated. Recovering the files isn't all that important in this case, but I want to figure out what happened just to make sure it doesn't happen again with files I do want to save.

Thank you!

embyserver.txt

Hi, there's no evidence in this log file that any deletion happened using Emby Server.

but I am pretty sure that when a media file remotely deleted, it is instantly deleted vs just being moved to the Trash anyway.

Actually no, on MacOS we  move to trash.

sundevil67

Thanks. I guess this one will remain a mystery then. I suppose anything is possible... I probably deleted the files with an errant keystroke.