MBC Music shows No Items

porkbone

Okay, something very strange is going on here but the first thing I'm going to ask is that you switch from Subdued to the Chocolate theme and see if it makes a difference.

I am seeing two requests for the children of that music folder.

The first one is initiated at 8:07:34 by MBC and I see that request hit the server.  I never see that request respond and it times out on the MBC end.

The second one is initiated exactly sixty seconds later as if it is re-trying after the time out (but I don't do this).  That one gets a response from the server in 1.2 seconds.

:wacko:

Okay, same basic thing and I am lost.

@@Luke - please look at his last server log.  Search for the string '1a7a6d25d84c33f' and this will isolate the lines relating to this request.

You can see the initial request coming in at 09:48:40 (there are also ones before that from his previous test).  There is no other mention of this request until it comes in again at 09:49:41.  Then there is the report of a response to that request that says it only took 1/2 second and then another report of a response to the same request that says it took 1.6 seconds.

However, the actual timing doesn't match the reported elapsed times.  The first response to that request is reported 61 seconds after it came in even though it says it only took a tiny amount of time.  It's like something is hanging it up for 60 seconds before it actually gets going.

Okay Gentlemen sorry it has taken so long to send the logs.  Here are my latest for Classic and Server.  It still exhibits the same behavior.  I added the Music Album tab just to see if it would show the items and it does work with Music Albums just not with music folders by Artist as I have mine organized.  So until the general music category gets fixed I can at least use Music Albums to get to the files inside of Classic.  Again all is well with Android client, MB Theater and web client,  This so far only happens with Classic.  Thanks again for your assistance.

Ed

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2IC7g_X-2nQVy16b1ZUdzVBTFk/edit?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2IC7g_X-2nQWUUyS3ZBQmg1T2s/edit?usp=sharing

Let me know if you can't access the files at my Google Drive.  I could have sworn that we were once able to upload files directly to this site as attachments but for some reason I am not presented with the option to post an attachment through this reply.  Let me know if you want me to PM the log files instead.

Thx again

Ed

Thanks.  You have to use the full editor in this forum in order to attach files.  Click the "More Reply Options" button.

EZEd - your server logging level is not set to debug so it doesn't tell us enough.  I imagine it is exactly the same thing though.

@@Luke - did you have a chance to look at this?  Any idea why the first request would be taking 60 seconds but reporting that it only took a fraction of a second?

Here is a more recent cap of both Server and Classic.  I went into Server -> Advanced tab -> General and Enable Debug Logging was already checked so the log that was provided last night should have been one with logging enabled.  In any case this is new log info as of 1800 CDT 7/25/2014.

server-63541906262.txtMBClassic-2572014b78e6509f89f4236b7ab311fcf8f00c4.log

DGMayor

I am monitoring this and you can add me to the list.  I just noticed it this past Sunday.  My sitrep is just like porkbone...I can see the latest music items on the EHS.  I can select one of those items and it will play but if I select the music category where all of my music should be displayed I get No Items. 

Me three.  Same issue as EZEd.  The other thing I'm noticing with music (and I realize will most likely need to be posted in the server forum) is that under the metadata manager, I can't expand music.  I can click edit on an album or song or artist, but I can't expand the entire section of music.

I'll post logs when I can.

Edit: of course now it's opening in metadata manager.  It just took a long time to load.

Edited by DGMayor

I still need input from @@Luke as to why that request is taking over 60 seconds but reporting that it only took a fraction of that.  Something is going on with requesting an entire child list of a top music folder.

Edit: Nevermind, I know what it is. I am hoping to get a bug fix release out tomorrow, and I'll include this.

• Like 3

porkbone

Just updated the server to the latest beta 3.0.5321.35225. The music issue is resolved. In fact, MBC is much more snappier than before! Great fix, Luke!

Thanks to ebr & Luke plus EZEd & DGMayor for your input

MrWebsmith

yes lots of work on bug fixes was done to the mbs thats the newly released current one.

also Luke has made the mbc .196 version available to help resolve some of these issues. so far in the other thread, it is helping as well.

please post back after you try again and let us know!

Update to latest server fixed classic here. Haven't checked other clients yet but assume they are ok since no problem with them previously. Thx guys. Good job.