Next Episode Banner issue, Apple TV

leeknight1981

leeknight1981

Hi has anyone else experienced the Next Episode countdown display bar thingy coming up way way to early iv had this now for a few weeks. But today I got a picture I have seen this with 450+ left which is in the way while watching stuff, Why is it coming up so soon 30 seconds yeah ok but 300+ More so when the episodes no where near the end. 

anything I can do :) 

tia

lee

DCB34AB8-9A23-4E71-8CEA-E0D8E66BA13C.jpeg

25C25637-5B2F-4B5C-A4DA-2052F9D45058.jpeg

@leeknight1981 --

As @ebr mentioned if you can provide the runtime of the show as reported by Emby that would be very helpful. The way it's currently implemented the next up banner should display approximately 35 seconds from the end.

leeknight1981
4 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi. How long was the episode you were watching? 

Cober Kai there 29 mines roughly each, Its not always but will check the length of the episode the next show I watch :) 

do you have an idea?

cheers 

leeknight1981
4 hours ago, vdatanet said:

I’ve seen that randomly very few times, playing 20 and 40 min episodes.

Yes mate that sounds about Right if I am honest :) 

vdatanet
3 hours ago, JNM said:

Where do I get a server

Emby is a personal media server to bring all of your home videos, music, and photos together into one place. You have 2 options, install your own media server or be invited to a friend's server.

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001159034

You could make it display minutes and seconds and clean up users having to do math in their minds. I like the idea and how simple this is to present. But I would make it just say "MM:SS" on the count down rather than "SS Seconds". No translation required. Everybody understands 3:45 would mean minutes and seconds not hours and minutes in a count down such as this. If it just says 32 and counts down 1 every second it becomes obvious what the number is.

Edited by speechles

leeknight1981
3 minutes ago, speechles said:

You could make it display minutes and seconds and clean up users having to do math in their minds. I like the idea and how simple this is to present. But I would make it just say "MM:SS" on the count down rather than "SS Seconds". No translation required. Everybody understands 3:45 would mean minutes and seconds not hours and minutes in a count down such as this. If it just says 32 and counts down 1 every second it becomes obvious what the number is.

Yeah but it comes up far too soon and kinda spoiles what your watching unless you click hide, why can’t it be 30 seconds 

52 minutes ago, leeknight1981 said:

Yeah but it comes up far too soon and kinda spoiles what your watching unless you click hide, why can’t it be 30 seconds 

It is supposed to depend on length of the item. Then you can "sorta predict" where the credits happen and how long those credits might be. It just sounds like the prediction logic is off a bit.

Edited by speechles

I think it is more likely that somehow the progress information is off somehow since no one else is reporting this it may be related to the media.

Is this happening with all the shows you have?

vdatanet
4 minutes ago, speechles said:

It is supposed to depend on length of the item. Then you can "sorta predict" where the credits happen and how long those credits might be. It just sounds like the prediction logic is off a bit.

In Apple TV, this countdown is 32 s for 20, 40 and 50 min, it seems independent on length of the item

vdatanet
1 minute ago, ebr said:

I think it is more likely that somehow the progress information is off somehow since no one else is reporting this it may be related to the media.

Is this happening with all the shows you have?

I've seen this only 2 or 3 times In all the time I have been using the application, I have not reported it because I have never been able to reproduce it and I have taken it as an unusual error.

1 hour ago, vdatanet said:

I've seen this only 2 or 3 times In all the time I have been using the application, I have not reported it because I have never been able to reproduce it and I have taken it as an unusual error.

I’ve been unable to repeat it as well so it’s been difficult to provide guidance. Since this user can repeat it seemingly consistency the only recommendation I have would be to request server access so I can debug it better. 

leeknight1981
10 minutes ago, corey said:

I’ve been unable to repeat it as well so it’s been difficult to provide guidance. Since this user can repeat it seemingly consistency the only recommendation I have would be to request server access so I can debug it better. 

It’s not every episode but 8 out of 10, what do you need? 

Just now, leeknight1981 said:

It’s not every episode but 8 out of 10, what do you need? 

Would you be able to grant me access to your server (it needs to be publicly accessible)? If it is you should be able to invite me via Emby Connect. 

leeknight1981
1 minute ago, corey said:

Would you be able to grant me access to your server (it needs to be publicly accessible)? If it is you should be able to invite me via Emby Connect. 

Yeah I won’t publicly open anything up, I can provide logs etc. I was hoping someone that created the code for the bar to know why it’s doing it of that makes sense 

Just now, leeknight1981 said:

Yeah I won’t publicly open anything up, I can provide logs etc. I was hoping someone that created the code for the bar to know why it’s doing it of that makes sense 

There are no server side logs that would be beneficial here and the Apple TV app doesn’t produce any logs for you to provide. Since I can’t replicate (I assist and maintain the app so I’m very familiar with the code) the issue in my environment I won’t be able to fix it. 

The code is very explicit in that it’s the runtime of the item as reported by the server minus a fixed time so it should always display around 30s from the end. 

leeknight1981
2 minutes ago, corey said:

There are no server side logs that would be beneficial here and the Apple TV app doesn’t produce any logs for you to provide. Since I can’t replicate (I assist and maintain the app so I’m very familiar with the code) the issue in my environment I won’t be able to fix it. 

The code is very explicit in that it’s the runtime of the item as reported by the server minus a fixed time so it should always display around 30s from the end. 

Yeah send me your Emby connect then I thought you meant share my Emby publicly sorry had a drink 👌🏼

3 minutes ago, leeknight1981 said:

Yeah send me your Emby connect then I thought you meant share my Emby publicly sorry had a drink 👌🏼

You should be able to use my username to invite me but if thy isn’t working start a private DM and we can figure it out.