Cant login in emby per app and PS4

Momo12

Hello,

i can’t login in my emby account more :( If I login per iOS app it say wrong username and password please try later . I have create a new account but inhale the same problem . And how I can use Emby on PS4. ? Please help 

Hi, where did you create the new account? Are you trying to login with Emby Connect, or with your local server credentials?

• Like 1

On 9/10/2020 at 2:20 PM, Momo12 said:

I create a Emby account if I log into the iOS Emby app it say wrong password and username :(.

@Momo12 are you trying to connect to your own Emby Server, or someone else's?

• 1 year later...
elliotaplant

I'm adding to this topic because I'm running into the same issue. I'm trying to log into someone else's server via the Emby iOS app (https://apps.apple.com/us/app/emby/id992180193) with credentials that work in a web browser (both on mobile and a laptop). I'm certain I have the server credentials correct, since I've used them to log in via the web, but I get an "Invalid username or password. Please try again" error whenever I submit my credentials via the app. For context, I'm the first person to try to login with the iOS app on this particular server.

Thanks so much for the help and the amazing work you do!

3 hours ago, elliotaplant said:

I'm adding to this topic because I'm running into the same issue. I'm trying to log into someone else's server via the Emby iOS app (https://apps.apple.com/us/app/emby/id992180193) with credentials that work in a web browser (both on mobile and a laptop). I'm certain I have the server credentials correct, since I've used them to log in via the web, but I get an "Invalid username or password. Please try again" error whenever I submit my credentials via the app. For context, I'm the first person to try to login with the iOS app on this particular server.

Thanks so much for the help and the amazing work you do!

Hi, are you trying to sign in with Emby Connect, or direct Emby Server credentials?

elliotaplant

I'm trying to sign in with direct Emby Server credentials. I have the free version of the app, if that helps.

Edited by elliotaplant

On 3/14/2022 at 1:13 AM, elliotaplant said:

yes

@elliotaplant

Are they using a reverse proxy? it is probably configured in such a way that might be causing this.

MonKaiju

Just a little context. I run the server he is trying to connect to and have had issues with a number of iOS clients as well as xbox clients. The emby instance is behind Traefik. @Luke is there something I should add to the reverse proxy to help fix this? The ssl appears to setup correctly according to ssllabs (gets an A+ rating and should be compatible with iOS back to iOS 9). I also had  a friend trying to use an old Apple TV that had this same issue. They upgraded to a new one and the issue went away, but they use Infuse as a client. Apparently the emby app still doesnt work for them even on a new apple TV.
Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by MonKaiju

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2022 at 2:37 PM, MonKaiju said:

Just a little context. I run the server he is trying to connect to and have had issues with a number of iOS clients as well as xbox clients. The emby instance is behind Traefik. @Luke is there something I should add to the reverse proxy to help fix this? The ssl appears to setup correctly according to ssllabs (gets an A+ rating and should be compatible with iOS back to iOS 9). I also had  a friend trying to use an old Apple TV that had this same issue. They upgraded to a new one and the issue went away, but they use Infuse as a client. Apparently the emby app still doesnt work for them even on a new apple TV.
Any help would be appreciated.

@MonKaiju it could be that Traefik is rejecting the cors preflight options requests. I saw this with another user recently. Can you please look into this and configure Traefik not to do this? I think there is a good chance that will resolve your issue. Thanks !

• Like 1

MonKaiju

@Luke I think you are correct and I can see a `CORS Missing Allow Origin` when I login via `app.emby.media` but it does still login successfully. I can work on getting that fixed. Is there any chance you know what the `referrer` or `origin` is when the iOS app is used?

49 minutes ago, MonKaiju said:

@Luke I think you are correct and I can see a `CORS Missing Allow Origin` when I login via `app.emby.media` but it does still login successfully. I can work on getting that fixed. Is there any chance you know what the `referrer` or `origin` is when the iOS app is used?

@MonKaiju the referrer from the iOS app will be localhost:12344

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
MonKaiju

@LukeI got it to work by opening the CORS on traefik. Currently it's still allowing any origin but I want to make it only support emby.media and what the apps need.