Cinema Intros getting stuck (tvOS beta)

TroyKing

TroyKing

When a cinema intro plays it gets stuck and doesn’t proceed to show the movie or episode. On the latest beta this issue still exists as well

TroyKing
2 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi there, can we please look at an example? Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. Thanks.

The issue only occurs on the Apple TV Emby app. I’ve attached a log. Theres no error messages. It basically just plays the intro and the video ends and it doesn’t continue to the movie or episode  

Edit: I should also mention that I’m on the TvOS beta, I don’t know if it’ll have to do with anything  

embyserver.txt

Edited by TroyKing

TroyKing
1 minute ago, ebr said:

Hi.  What does happen after the intro?  Where do you end up?

The video ends and it stops there. But it doesn’t move on to the movie or episode. If I leave out of the movie and go back it, it replays the intro and it never moves on. It shows the player and I can rewind but is only a few seconds because that’s how short the intro is

But what screen are you on when it "doesn't move on to the movie"?

Also, what happens if you try with a longer intro?

TroyKing
2 hours ago, ebr said:

But what screen are you on when it "doesn't move on to the movie"?

Also, what happens if you try with a longer intro?

It’s on the video player. It basically plays the intro and then it just ends and it stays there. I can scrub backwards but it never plays the movie. I can go back and forward through the intro. I’ve tried longer ones as well and don’t work either. On my other devices it works fine. I press play on a movie then the intro plays and when it finishes it loads the movie and it plays it. 

TroyKing
16 minutes ago, corey said:

@TroyKing -- Which player are you using (Apple or MPV)? I've tried a couple of simple tests on my setup and am unable to repeat. Thanks!

I’m not totally sure. When I go to playback it gives me an error. Here’s a video. Hopefully it helps. Once again I’m in the TvOS beta, this could be causing the issue. Nonetheless is good to know

TroyKing
11 minutes ago, corey said:

Thanks for posting the video @TroyKing. Would you be willing to grant me access to your server so I can test this out under your conditions?

Thanks!

Sure. I’ll DM you

TroyKing
39 minutes ago, Luke said:

Did you find anything?

I gave him access to my server but I don’t think he has had time yet to take a look. But I see that other users play their movies fine so maybe is a tvOS beta issue

Edited by TroyKing

8 minutes ago, TroyKing said:

I gave him access to my server but I don’t think he has had time yet to take a look. But I see that other users play their movies fine so maybe is a tvOS beta issue

I haven't had a chance to take a look yet @Luke

@TroyKing -- What version of tvOS are you running and can you confirm if it's only on beta tvOS?

TroyKing
6 minutes ago, corey said:

I haven't had a chance to take a look yet @Luke

@TroyKing -- What version of tvOS are you running and can you confirm if it's only on beta tvOS?

Yes I can confirm. I asked another user from my server if it worked fine and he said he saw the intro and the movie loaded fine. Is TvOS 14, I don’t remember the beta version but it is the latest one as of today. Is an Apple TV 4K

Edited by TroyKing

7 minutes ago, TroyKing said:

Yes I can confirm. I asked another user from my server if it worked fine and he said he saw the intro and the movie loaded fine. Is TvOS 14, I don’t remember the beta version but it is the latest one as of today. Is an Apple TV 4K

Okay so it could be an issue specific to tvOS beta since it can't be replicated with the current production tvOS version. Do you have any playlists of videos? Do they play correctly?

TroyKing
23 hours ago, corey said:

Okay so it could be an issue specific to tvOS beta since it can't be replicated with the current production tvOS version. Do you have any playlists of videos? Do they play correctly?

I don’t have any playlists. But today Apple released beta 8 of TvOS and it still doesn’t work. Maybe I should wait for more betas and see how it goes

7 hours ago, TroyKing said:

I don’t have any playlists. But today Apple released beta 8 of TvOS and it still doesn’t work. Maybe I should wait for more betas and see how it goes

@TroyKing -- When I get a few moments I'll try and confirm this behavior on the tvOS 14 beta as well. I have on device with it that I can use.

TroyKing

I’m now on the golden master version which will come out tomorrow and the bug is still there. Maybe something needs to adjust in your end?

Edited by TroyKing

On 9/15/2020 at 4:39 PM, TroyKing said:

I’m now on the golden master version which will come out tomorrow and the bug is still there. Maybe something needs to adjust in your end?

@TroyKing --

Just to circle back on this that I was finally able to troubleshoot and identify the issue on tvOS 14. Apple behavior changed at the player level between tvOS 13 -> 14. We'll be getting a new beta release out shortly with the fix.

• Like 1