Menu hidden under Nav bar

GiGo

Noticed today that when in landscape the Menu is hidden under my on screen Nav Bar and is not clickable until you switch to portrait. Not sure if this is the case on others. See attached screenshot. 

My phone is Pixel 2 running Android 11 (beta) emby version 3.1.23

Screenshot_20200903-093634.thumb.png.04b143f15ea3111891b65860a76e53dc.png

10 hours ago, Luke said:

HI, what exactly isn't clickable?

The user icon in the top right. It's behind the on screen Nav Bar. 

Screenshot_20200903-093634~2.png

Obviously if I flip my phone landscape the other way the screen is still block under the Nav Bar, guessing it's a scalling issue with the on screen Nav Bars?

This thread is the same issue as the linked topic, but we were dealing with Samsung devices at the time. Does your Android have gestures to deal with it as Samsung users do?

• Like 1

pwhodges

Thanks for this suggestion.  I find that my Huawei has two alternatives, using either gestures on the screen or gestures on the touch button.  The gestures are different...  But they resolve the problem, if I can get used to them.

Since the on-screen buttons are the default setup, I guess it would still be sensible if Emby could be persuaded to move away from them when present.

Paul

• Like 1

ginjaninja
20 hours ago, pwhodges said:

Thanks for this suggestion.  I find that my Huawei has two alternatives, using either gestures on the screen or gestures on the touch button.  The gestures are different...  But they resolve the problem, if I can get used to them.

Since the on-screen buttons are the default setup, I guess it would still be sensible if Emby could be persuaded to move away from them when present.

Paul

i find gestures ok, have been using for a few months because of this issue and  have got used to them. i do wonder if the underlying issue is fixable though as i am not sure the average user would be willing to change.

• 2 months later...
ginjaninja
20 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, are you still running into this with the new 3.1.59 release? Thanks.

i am still seeing emby overlap navigation bar on samsung s8+ on 3.1.59, seems like its not just emby which has the challenge

Edited by ginjaninja