DLNA - Plusieurs utilisateurs

JukeBoX

Bonjour,

Tout d'abord, je tiens à féliciter toutes les personnes qui ont contribué au développement d'Emby  👍👏

J'utilise Emby Premium avec plusieurs membres de ma famille et certains ne sont pas au même endroit donc ils utilisent et accèdent à la médiathèque à distance.

Si l'option "Autoriser le contrôle à distance des appareils partagés" est activée ces personnes à distance peuvent voir les appareils connectés (DLNA) des autres utilisateurs en cliquant sur l'icône "Cast" et peuvent lancer un média sur ces appareils alors qu'ils ne sont pas au même endroit. Si l'option est désactivée ils ne peuvent plus voir leurs périphériques de leur propre réseau.

Est-il possible de laisser activer le DLNA sans pour autant voir tous les périphériques de tous les utilisateurs à distance ?

Merci d'avance pour votre réponse 👋

Hi,

DLNA will only work on the network where the server is located.  DLNA is considered a shared resource until it's in use I believe.

If I understand you correctly, you will not want "Allow remote control of shared devices" turned on for non home members but it depends how others are using and sharing devices.  There is no right or wrong way to configure this.  It's need based.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi cayars,

J'aimerai que les utilisateurs qui ne sont pas à la maison (pas sur le même réseau que le serveur) n'aient pas accès aux appareils DLNA qui sont sur le même réseau que le serveur Emby. ils peuvent voir les appareils DLNA et les contrôler en lançant une vidéo directement sur ces appareils sans être sur le même réseau. C'est embêtant...

I would like users who are not at home (not on the same network as the server) not to have access to DLNA devices that are on the same network as the Emby server. They can see the DLNA devices and control them by launching a video directly to them without being on the same network. This is annoying... 

Pour résumer :

Serveur Emby sur "Réseau Home" (PC connecté en Ethernet à la Box Internet)

Appareils DLNA sur "Réseau Home" (TV, Ampli... connectés en Ethernet à la Box Internet)

Utilisateurs se situant ailleurs sur d'autres réseaux connectés avec leurs comptes peuvent voir et contrôler les appareils DLNA sur "Réseau Home"

To sum up :

Emby server on "Home Network" (PC connected in Ethernet to the Internet Box)

DLNA devices on "Home Network" (TV, Amplifier ... connected in Ethernet to the Internet Box)

Users located elsewhere on other networks connected with their accounts can view and control DLNA devices on "Home Network".

DLNA I'm sure only works on the server network.  However Emby support "Casting" to other devices which I'm sure you're users will want to be able to do.  For example they can login on their phone and cast a video to their Chromecast or Samsung TV as examples. 

Have you tried:

OFF - "Allow remote control of other users"

ON - "Allow remote control of shared devices"

I believe the user can only "cast" to the device with these settings if they have an account/logged in previously on that device.

Use a standard user (not your admin account) to test with.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Happy2Play

You will want to disable the user option "Allow remote control of shared devices" per user external user as mentioned about.  When the remote user signs in they should no longer see those devices.

See Remote Control section

ON - "Allow remote control of other users"

OFF - "Allow remote control of shared devices"

or both off

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Merci pour vos réponses Happy2Play et cayars 👌

En fait j'aimerai juste savoir si les utilisateurs à distance du serveur peuvent "caster" une vidéo sur leur appareil DLNA (Renderer) même si l'option "Allow remote control of shared devices" est sur OFF ?

Thank you for your answers Happy2Play and cayars 👌

In fact I would just like to know if users remote from the server can "cast" a video on their DLNA device (Renderer/TV) even if the "Allow remote control of shared devices" option is OFF?

DLNA is the wild card type device.  It's considered a SHARED DEVICE (as the option mentions) so that does give others access to this.  It would be useful if we had a 3rd option "Allow users to control DLNA devices" but this would likely be hard to do.

A Question for you.  Do you need DLNA in your LAN environment?  If you have a device feeding your sound system/TV you may not need DLNA at all and could turn this off.  Then "Shared Devices" become much more useful for others and can't mess you up either.

• Thanks 1

Happy2Play
6 minutes ago, JukeBoX said:

Thank you for your answers Happy2Play and cayars 👌

In fact I would just like to know if users remote from the server can "cast" a video on their DLNA device (Renderer/TV) even if the "Allow remote control of shared devices" option is OFF?

DLNA does not broadcast outside the network the DLNA server is configure on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Je sais qu'il existe des appareils (les TV notamment) qui peuvent recevoir du contenu (comme un Chromecast) via la norme DLNA. J'aimerai savoir si des utilisateurs peuvent envoyer du contenu par exemple de leurs téléphones vers leurs TV via la norme DLNA ? C'est juste pour diffuser comme le fait Chromecast

I know that there are devices (TVs in particular) that can receive content (such as a Chromecast) via the DLNA standard. I would like to know if users can send content from their phones to their TVs via the DLNA standard? It's just to broadcast like Chromecast does.

Happy2Play

On 7/20/2020 at 8:53 AM, Luke said:

Chromecast is supported on a remote network. The Chromecast dongle and the device you're casting from just need to be on the same local network when you try to do this.

On 7/20/2020 at 9:44 AM, cayars said:

Chromecast casting and DLNA work differently as they have different protocols and functionality.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/88354-help-remote-access-chromecast/&do=findComment&comment=904223

Does this help?

• Thanks 1

Any chance you could give us a real-life example of what you're trying to "fix".  What devices does a remote user see that they can "cast" to that you don't want them to?

• Thanks 1

Merci pour toutes vos réponses 😍

Je vais faire des essais de mon côtés avec différents appareils/réseaux/comptes/DLNA/Cast ce weekend et je reviendrai poster mes résultats 😀

Merci encore pour votre aide. Vraiment sympa 🤝

Thank you for all your answers 😍

I will be testing on my side with different devices/networks/accounts/DLNA/Cast this weekend and I will come back to post my results 😀.

Thanks again for your help. Really nice 🤝

That's a great idea. Looking forward to what you find.

This information will help us help you if possible to get the best setup and you might even figure it out on your own as well doing a bit of playing a long the way. :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bonjour,

Je reviens vers vous après avoir fait quelques essais et la seule solution pour envoyer un film sur un appareil DLNA (Renderer) depuis un téléphone est d'avoir un lien direct (ex : https://movie.name.1080p.mkv) de partager ce lien avec BubbleUpnp qui lui même peut le caster sur un appareil DLNA.

J'ai essayé avec une Mi Box S avec Kodi installé dessus et cela fonctionne très bien depuis un téléphone avec des liens direct pour caster vers BubbleUpnp/Kodi (DLNA Renderer)

Mais avec Emby il est impossible d'avoir des liens direct je crois pour cause de sécurité

Est-ce qu'il est prévu d'améliorer la vue des détails pour les médias sur téléphone ? Je trouve que cela est un peu trop brouillon, je préfère par exemple Yatse ou encore Plex pour cela

Hello,

I come back to you after doing some tests and the only solution to send a movie on a DLNA device (Renderer) from a phone is to have a direct link (ex: https://movie.name.1080p.mkv) to share this link with BubbleUpnp which itself can cast it on a DLNA device.

I tried with a Mi Box S with Kodi installed on it and it works very well from a phone with direct links to BubbleUpnp/Kodi (DLNA Renderer).

But with Emby it is impossible to have direct links I think for security reasons.

Are there any plans to improve the view of details for the media on the phone? I find this a bit too messy, I prefer for example Yatse or Plex for this.

8c70bd02445fd4d63261a0e75d2e3bb6fd9f90b8

On Xiaomi Mi Box S (Android TV with Kodi)

[Phone --> Direct Link --> BubbleUpnP] --> [Xiaomi Box S / Kodi (DLNA Renderer)]

This is the only way to be able to cast to a DLNA device.

Why?

Why don't you do this Phone > Mibox

I do this all the time to cast to my Shield or Mibox from web or phone.

It looks like you're trying to make this overly complex.

• Thanks 1

I still don't get why you do this:

[Phone --> Direct Link --> BubbleUpnP] --> [Xiaomi Box S / Kodi (DLNA Renderer)]

Why BubbleUpnP ?

Why Kodi on the MiBox-S?

This just seems overly complicated since you can do Phone>>MiBox-S

• Thanks 1

Oui mais c'était juste pour tester sur un appareil disposant d'un Renderer DLNA.

Idem : [Phone --> Direct Link Web --> BubbleUpnP] --> TV (DLNA Renderer)

C'est juste pour vous dire qu'il est possible de "caster" vers un appareil DLNA mais pour cela il faut effectivement un lien direct

Yes, but it was just for testing on a device with a DLNA Renderer.

Same with : [Phone - Direct Link Web - BubbleUpnP] - TV (DLNA Renderer)

This is just to tell you that it is possible to 'cast' to a DLNA device but for that you actually need a direct link