Emby theater crashing

Mbedford

Mbedford

Hi guys,

Emby theater is crashing after a while of watching something, usually after half an hour or so. It just crashes in the middle of watching something so we're not doing anything to make it crash. It crashes back to the windows desktop with no error presented, almost as if its just been 'closed'. It happens if watching live TV or a movie, doesn't seem to matter what is being watched.

Emby server is latest version  to date 4.4.3.0 , emby theater is 3.0.11. Both Emby server and theater are running on the same Windows 10 2004 build PC.

Im sorry but i cant seem to find the emby theater logs location, to upload them only the emby server logs.

embyserver.txt embyserver-63734715698.txt

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for late reply, been so busy with work but its still been crashing heaps.

Looked in event viewer, seems there was a error about low virtual memory.

Checked virtual memory settings and no page files were set which is strange. Even though I have 16gb ram and it never goes over 30% usage, i've turned on 'Automatically set page files' hopefully this'll fix it.

So why did this just start happening (emby theater crashing), I have a theory. When I recently enabled Emby live TV through Hauppauge and it started dumping all those temprec files on my C:\ drive and filled it up completely. Maybe Windows practically tried to help itself by disabling the page file and deleting it?!? just a theory.

David Patt

Sorry for hijackin thread but i have similar issue. Emby Theater (Windows Store) crash like 5-10 times per day. Mostly when browsing library. Like 30% is when trying play video. When i launch ET after crash,  it starts video no problem. Latest stable versions of both. No errors in Event viewer pointed out to Emy Theater.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2020 at 6:59 AM, David Patt said:

Sorry for hijackin thread but i have similar issue. Emby Theater (Windows Store) crash like 5-10 times per day. Mostly when browsing library. Like 30% is when trying play video. When i launch ET after crash,  it starts video no problem. Latest stable versions of both. No errors in Event viewer pointed out to Emy Theater.

Hi there @David Patt what version of Emby Theater are you running?

4 hours ago, David Patt said:

Running 1.1.314.0 from Windows Store. 

Ok we'll have the store build updated soon, thanks for reporting.

• 2 weeks later...
David Patt

@Luke I downloaded new version. (Now i can edit server settings , thanks for that) But it still sometimes unexpectedly crash. Mostly when i add series to Collection it crash almost every time, like 7/10 tries. It add series to Collection but bang i am on desktop.

Thank you for your effortles hunt to squash this bugs.

On 10/7/2020 at 9:02 AM, David Patt said:

@Luke I downloaded new version. (Now i can edit server settings , thanks for that) But it still sometimes unexpectedly crash. Mostly when i add series to Collection it crash almost every time, like 7/10 tries. It add series to Collection but bang i am on desktop.

Thank you for your effortles hunt to squash this bugs.

Hi, what version do you have now?

David Patt

When i was writing my post i have 1.1.316.0 now i have 1.1.317.0 but it still crash right when i try make new collection. On second try i can make it without crash but third time crash again.

23 minutes ago, David Patt said:

When i was writing my post i have 1.1.316.0 now i have 1.1.317.0 but it still crash right when i try make new collection. On second try i can make it without crash but third time crash again.

This is when adding a series to a collection?

8 hours ago, David Patt said:

Yes. Try add movie to collection and looks stable. But series crash.

Ok I'll test that out, thanks. @Happy2Play are you able to reproduce?

Happy2Play
20 minutes ago, Luke said:

Ok I'll test that out, thanks. @Happy2Play are you able to reproduce?

I went to TV Library, selected three Shows, clicked add to collection, create new collection and applied name and clicked create.  New collection was created.

The issue is with Add to existing Collection.  ET immediately crashes, but the item is added to collection when you look at collection in relaunch.