Emby Team

neik

Hello guys,

I have always been wondering how the Emby Team looks like (manpower, etc.) and from reading the forum one gets a sense for who is part of the acutal Emby Team and who is just "helping out".
Is it possible to have some rough overview?

Thank you! 

Hi, in addition to the visible team members, we have a team of paid developers who don't participate in forum discussions so that they can focus on development tasks.

Gilgamesh_48
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Hi, in addition to the visible team members, we have a team of paid developers who don't participate in forum discussions so that they can focus on development tasks.

Is that something like having a "shadow army" just in case. Are you getting assistance from the CIA or the NSA or some other "shadow' organization? 😇👿😎

arrbee99

Go on, you can tell us. You can still kill Gilgamesh_48. Shoot the messenger. Am sure he (?) would have no problem sacrificing himself for the good of the team 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Gilgamesh_48
13 hours ago, ebr said:

We could tell you but we'd have to kill you...

You'll have to work fast or nature will beat you to it.😜

So you are not denying that Emby is actually harboring a "shadow army" in its attempt to rule the world. Or at least the world of streaming media.

We could do worse than having Emby as leaders, as we have. 😁😎😀

Group - Dev ..... something, this do not completely cover it as well.

What Happy2Play post is simply the moderators team (most of them are dev's btw).

That list doesn't include any of the devs (even ones active in the forums) but it does show there are a lot more people involved with Emby then many people think!

rbjtech

.. plus of course there is no way you could consider @Luke as just one person - there must be at least 10 of him to answer as many questions as he does ... 😆

• Haha 2

Gilgamesh_48
10 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

.. plus of course there is no way you could consider @Luke as just one person - there must be at least 10 of him to answer as many questions as he does ... 😆

So what is you explanation for that phenomenon? Cloning? Impersonation? Time portal allowing multiple copies? A rift in the fabric of the universe? Mass hypnosis?

Enquiring minds want to know.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, rbjtech said:

At least he doesn't talk about himself in the 2nd, 3rd or 8th person.  LOL

Gilgamesh_48
1 hour ago, cayars said:

At least he doesn't talk about himself in the 2nd, 3rd or 8th person.  LOL

We don't really "know" that do we? Of course it could be that each incarnation of him is unaware of the others. 

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet as written by Shakespeare.

5 hours ago, rbjtech said:

... either that or he has a time machine. A machine that can either transport you in time, or one that can compress time to a single second so that time is endless when enabled (aka Rick and Morty).

But likely he has a super dashboard and can quickly get to those posts. Then you can pounce on these much faster with the speed of a cougar. The normal user dashboard isn't quite as robust.

Why is it important to know how many individuals are under "Team Emby" ? Just curious. Are you going to steal them away? ... lol. But seriously.. Why does it matter as long as your media is your way and you can just press play. At Emby it isn't size that matters. It is experience.

Gilgamesh_48
49 minutes ago, speechles said:

... either that or he has a time machine. A machine that can either transport you in time, or one that can compress time to a single second so that time is endless when enabled (aka Rick and Morty).

But likely he has a super dashboard and can quickly get to those posts. Then you can pounce on these much faster with the speed of a cougar. The normal user dashboard isn't quite as robust.

Why is it important to know how many individuals are under "Team Emby" ? Just curious. Are you going to steal them away? ... lol. But seriously.. Why does it matter as long as your media is your way and you can just press play. At Emby it isn't size that matters. It is experience.

Maybe a "time spinner?"

Actually the "cougars" I know are neither fast or particularly responsive. But they are aggressive. 😇😈🤡

It is important to know because, in this over informed era, everyone seems to want to know everything about everyone. This is most apparent in the press:

"There are laws to protect the freedom of the press's speech, but none that are worth anything to protect the people from the press." Mark Twain

• Like 1

arrbee99
6 hours ago, Gilgamesh_48 said:

So what is you explanation for that phenomenon? Cloning? Impersonation? Time portal allowing multiple copies? A rift in the fabric of the universe? Mass hypnosis?

Enquiring minds want to know.

The alternative, benevolent personality of Skynet ?

23 minutes ago, Gilgamesh_48 said:

It is important to know because, in this over informed era, everyone seems to want to know everything about everyone. This is most apparent in the press:

"There are laws to protect the freedom of the press's speech, but none that are worth anything to protect the people from the press." Mark Twain

It is best not to know "everything" otherwise it makes it too easy for people to call you a know-it-all and you know they are correct. Imagine how RIck Sanchez must feel being called that insult. It is anything but insulting to him. It is truth. Not an insult at all. An in that to Rick it becomes an ironic sad truth. One that defines him. Which is why knowing all becomes a burden not a strength. It is helping you by not giving you the answer.

There are certain aspects and people who prefer you do not know their alter ego. Take for example Clark Kent. Or ... you draw your own similar conclusion here.

My enjoyment of my Roku is not at all relevant to how many individuals Roku may employ. Your enjoyment of Emby should not matter the same. As long as you continue to get your media your way just press play. That is the priority. Making your use of Emby so simple, casual, and about you not Emby. That is still happening isn't it? :)

Edited by speechles

1 hour ago, arrbee99 said:

The alternative, benevolent personality of Skynet ?

I was planning on releasing this next month. :)

arrbee99
24 minutes ago, cayars said:

Ah, so what we have now is the beta version of Luke...

sooty234

Luke is probably like Dr. Manhattan. With parts of his consciousness spread around as he pleases. Not quite omnipresent, but embypresent???

Gilgamesh_48
49 minutes ago, cayars said:

This is exactly the kind of comment we hear just before things go hideously wrong. The experiment is almost done and everything is going smoothly and one ingredient is used by mistake or the computer or person or animal or other wakes up or escapes and suddenly things run amok and Tokyo/England/Europe/America/some obscure town in the desert is suddenly thrown into a battle against an almost unstoppable evil. Then mankind wins because of something simple or otherwise innocent or, if the problem was caused by aliens, we just upload a virus to the mothership.

It is absolutely amazing how many times the world has survived by virtue of a fortunate or unfortunate accident. I wonder what is lurking to help humankind survive the "Invasion of the mutant Lukes."

"God and UFOs choose the strangest people to talk to." Billy Connolly 

vdatanet
10 hours ago, cayars said:

Luke does not usually specify dates, he would say in the near future or soon, but never next month 😃

Edited by vdatanet
  • Haha 1

I think you guys all missed the joke in my reply.  Look at what I made that comment to.  Wasn't anything to do with Luke.