Stream Quality - No direct or Original Quality available ?

Z4ng3tsu

Z4ng3tsu

Hello guys !

Just had some issues recently when my movies and tv shows started to lag/stutter when watching them on my phone. My server just started to always transcode them, which is not necessary with the connection I have. And as my server is a RPie4, it's not really fluid to have them transcoded.

Any way to prevent my server to transcode them ? I'm looking the options but nothing good at the moment.

And I thought there was an "Original Quality" quality option on the android application but no more.

Any help will be welcomed :D

EDIT : Tried the regular emby android app and the beta one

Edited by Z4ng3tsu

Z4ng3tsu

Ok hum... Just forced again the maximum quality on my android device and now it's not transcoding again. I swear, I've done it many times before posting my message. But now it's working so sorry...

Too bad Emby Android is not detecting, in automatic quality setting, that I can stream them directly without transcoding.

Hi, the emby app will already direct play whenever possible, so there's nothing you need to do to configure it.

Hi, when it transcodes to your phone, take a look at Stats for Nerds (cog icon during playback) or the DASHBOARD in the web admin.  If using the dashboard click the "I" info button on your phone device.  Using either method it will tell you why it's transcoding.

What is the reason it's telling you?

• 2 months later...