Unlock App Fails on ShieldTV 2019

fred1jones
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

fred1jones

Hi All,

I am trying to unlock the Emby App on ShieldTV.  It says go to g.co/managewallet and add a payment method.  There is already one there for the email I use for ShieldTV and for this forum also.  It gets in an infinite loop of click "it's done", eventually forcing me to click cancel.

Any ideas?  It would be a bummer to have to use Kodi or Plex.  I have Kodi working but it's a hassle setting up libraries and Plex keeps pushing the Plex Pass!

Thanks,

Doug Gibson

• Solution

Hi.  Have you asked Google about this?  That process you are in is their store process as opposed to anything in our app.

Please let us know what you find out.

Thanks!

fred1jones

You are correct! It was a Google issue.  I removed the existing payment method, added it back and was able to unlock the ShieldTV Emby App.  I would suggest that for new users like me, (first time I ever used Google pay), Emby should give a more descriptive error message (which may not be possible) or at least add this to some sort of FAQ.  I had no idea this message was from google.

Thanks!

Hi. Glad you got it figured out.  Unfortunately,  you aren't in our app at the time that happens so there is no way for us to provide any more descriptive of a message.