Can’t sign in

larwa

Can’t sign in it never gives pin just keeps going to this screen I click sign in connect then sign it and brings me right back to here 

6AD8E2E3-0D4A-4684-8EE1-0147FE6AD425.png

Edited by larwa

1 hour ago, Luke said:

HI there, are you trying to connect to your own Emby Server, or someone else's server?

I guess someone else’s I’m on my iPhone and downloaded the emby app put the username and password in that they made for me and it just keeps taking me to that screen 

21 minutes ago, larwa said:

I guess someone else’s I’m on my iPhone and downloaded the emby app put the username and password in that they made for me and it just keeps taking me to that screen 

They may have removed you from their server. I would suggest going back to them and asking for guidance on how to login. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

@Luke I am having the same issue on the Emby app on ios devices. I can properly connect via Safari or chrome on the devices. 

Its not a certificate issue either since I can see all the user accounts after entering the server details. 

However, the correct password will not be accepted via the app. 

IMG-20200902-WA0021.jpg

GWTPqZp6b

What version of the server are you running. I had issues with CORS headers on the iOS app that didn’t affect safari logins from the recent beta version. 

Just now, GWTPqZp6b said:

What version of the server are you running. I had issues with CORS headers on the iOS app that didn’t affect safari logins from the recent beta version. 

Using the latest beta 4.5.0.22. What CORS header permissions did you change?

GWTPqZp6b

Add any cors related headers broke the ability to log in. If I disabled them all I can log in fine with .22. 
mom not an expert on how this stuff works though but I think any cors header initiated some kind of check that fails. 
the details I added to the HTTP2 thread elsewhere. I’m on my phone now so can’t check which headers were the culprits but the details are in that thread. 

ddit: 

Edited by GWTPqZp6b

9 hours ago, GWTPqZp6b said:

Add any cors related headers broke the ability to log in. If I disabled them all I can log in fine with .22. 
mom not an expert on how this stuff works though but I think any cors header initiated some kind of check that fails. 
the details I added to the HTTP2 thread elsewhere. I’m on my phone now so can’t check which headers were the culprits but the details are in that thread. 

ddit: 

thank you. I dont have any of those headers set in my nginx configuration that you found affecting iOS

I fixed the problem by removing the following from my nginx location section:

# CORS PRE-FLIGHT REQUESTS
                if ($request_method = 'OPTIONS') {
                        more_set_headers 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin: $http_origin' always;
                        more_set_headers 'Access-Control-Allow-Methods: GET, POST, OPTIONS, PATCH, PUT, DELETE' always;
                        more_set_headers 'Access-Control-Allow-Credentials: true' always;
                        more_set_headers 'Access-Control-Allow-Headers: Accept,Authorization,Cache-Control,Content-Type,DNT,If-Modified-Since,Keep-Alive,Origin,User-Agent,X-Requested-With,X-MediaBrowser-Token,X-Emby-Authorization' always;

return 204;
                }