Users feature access for 'Edit Metadata/Images/Subtitles'

melf11

it would be very nice, if there can be a possibility to get users the access to edit metadata and image so the user can manage a the libraries. I would like to use it as a "content manager"-user which is like a technical engineer caring about the media content and nothing else.

btw. emby is very very nice, thanks for all of your work!

Edited by melf11
  • Like 4
  • Agree 1

Hi.  The subtitle editing permission is already there.  The others or, rather, a role-based permission system, is a good idea for the future.

• Like 2

thanks for your reply! yes it would be really nice for bigger systems with a lot of users to clearly define roles and what they are allowed to. 

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

Any idea on progress for this feature request? Specifically referencing role-based permissions for metadata editing.
I created an account just to come here and ask for this feature. It would 100% tip me in favor of immediately buying a lifetime sub, probably even up to the 45 device limit.

Honestly, I would pay for it right now with a promise that the feature would be added within the week.

Emby does pretty much everything I want out of a media server, with the exception of allowing specified users to edit file metadata. Without that, I may just need to suck it up and work through the jank involved with Ampache instead.

6 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, no progress yet but it is something that's in our plans.

Thank you much for the reply and confirmation that it is in the plans!  
😃