Unable to stream remotely

OnyxUK
Go to solution Solved by Carlo,

Hey guys. Sorry if this has already been asked before but I have been looking and can not find anything with my current situation. 

I am finding major problems streaming my films to my friends using the remote connection. I have tested this over two of my friends houses and the same thing is happening for both of them. Emby starts fine and video loads but doesn’t play or if it does play it buffers all the time and very choppy. I have tried playing the video with auto resolution and gone all the way down to 720p and still the same thing I have also tried different types of file containers mp4. And mkv and also films in 4K format all the way down to sd 480p formats and still the same thing. I know it’s not a internet problem on my end not there’s as this is happening with everyone I share my account with. I pay for a monthly subscription so I have hardware acceleration enabled and running of a Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 graphics card.  

all streams are playing in direct streaming/direct playing unless quality resolution settings have been forced lower. I have also noticed that when a video is transcoding the video playing on the other end will not play even though it has already been transcoded. 

I am currently out at the moment but I will attach system logs when I am back but any advice now would be brilliant

Hi,

From the machine hosting your Emby Server what kind of speeds do you get at speedtest.net?

Hey cayars. 

i’m not home currently but I have had checks done before they around 35/40mb 

• Solution

Is that the downlink?  What I'm most curious about is how much uplink or "sending" ability the server has to stream to those outside your house.

• Like 1

Will be after 3 today. I can how ever access the server settings through my phone but just can’t get the server logs 

Any chance you could setup a test account you could give me access to with access to just a couple of files to use to try playback? If so send me a PM.

Yeah of course I will be heading back in a bit now so I’ll set you one up and send you a pm thank you cayars 

• Like 1