Can't see Task Triggers

Netfool
Go to solution Solved by Netfool,

Netfool

This is Emby Server on Ubuntu X64 18.04 LTS.

When I click on the setting gear and then select Scheduled tasks I get the Scheduled Tasks list, however when I click on a task I get the + button and a spinner that never stops (and least not in the first 15 minutes).  I get the add trigger dialog and it appears to function normally except that after clicking the add button there is no indication that the trigger was added.  Manually triggering a scheduled tasks appears to function normally.   Log attached.  (There's not a 15 wait in this one.  Let me know if it would help).

embyserver.txt

Happy2Play

Not seeing any thing in the log, have you tried a different browser?

Maybe something in the scheduled task or custom scheduled task got messed up, you can delete the 6330ee8f-b4a9-57f3-3981-f89aa78b030f.js in "Program data path: /var/lib/emby/data/ScheduledTasks" and if a custom trigger was made it would be in "Program data path: /var/lib/emby/config/ScheduledTasks", restart server and try to change your triggers again.

Netfool
17 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Not seeing any thing in the log, have you tried a different browser?

1549677512_FacePalm.png.36409bbde505ef68cb0a304c668417c1.pngDoh!! 

Apologies!  Entirely my fault!   I was testing with Firefox Developer edition (FF 81.0b4).  Works fine in Production Firefox (FF 80.0.1) and Chrome.

I'll file the bug with Mozilla.

Netfool
17 hours ago, Luke said:

Can you provide the contents of the browser debug console? Thanks.

Looks like I might have spoken too soon!   Just hit the problem in production Firefox starting with a clean profile:

665175137_ScreenShot2020-09-01at12_22_16PM.thumb.png.36af99631d800ce00cab8feaff24637d.png

Tried in Chrome with the console turned on. No errors shown.

Netfool
19 minutes ago, Luke said:

what browser extensions do you have?

None.  This is the current Firefox Production release started in a clean profile.

Netfool

@Luke  One additional data point:   Both the Firefox Production and Firefox Developer Edition instances work normally with the scheduled tasks on the Nvidia Shield Pro running 4.5.0.22beta.

Happy2Play

I have no issues on Windows FF 81.0b4 (64-bit) or Nightly 82.0a1 (2020-09-01) (64-bit). 4.5.0.22

• Thanks 1

Netfool
16 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

I have no issues on Windows FF 81.0b4 (64-bit) or Nightly 82.0a1 (2020-09-01) (64-bit). 4.5.0.22

Interesting, l'm on MacOS.   Hmmmm.... It's been a while since I've done a system restart on this machine.  I'll give that a try and also try another computer.

I'll report back in a bit.

• Solution
Netfool

OK... there's something broken on this machine.   A restart didn't help, but on my MacBook both versions of Firefox work fine.  Both machines are running Mojave.

I don't think there's anything to learn from chasing this ghost any further.  Chrome's an ok work-around for now.