Promoting Emby

Abobader

trusselo

and just sent an email to Jerry something-or-other, re-viewer/news writer for android central.  gave him a quick rundown, pointed him to my xda thread (why re-type it all), and our site, and let him know if he has any questions, or would like a copy of the app for review, that we could hook him up. (somehow... possibly a time expired beta? will not work after certain date).

• Like 1

and just sent an email to Jerry something-or-other, re-viewer/news writer for android central.  gave him a quick rundown, pointed him to my xda thread (why re-type it all), and our site, and let him know if he has any questions, or would like a copy of the app for review, that we could hook him up. (somehow... possibly a time expired beta? will not work after certain date).

we really would like to get on android central as well

trusselo

we really would like to get on android central as well

i couldnt really find an appropriate forum to post in there, to do the same thing i did at xda...  though not super familiar with the layout/structure there. 

ill have another look, unless someone knows where it should get posted over there.

I went into the wpcentral forums.. guess it's the same layout. you can get straight to it on tapatalk

To everyone who has helped us promote - the key now is anytime we have news, going back to all the places you've posted and spreading the news. If you don't mind :)

trusselo

Okay, what's new that should be added?

- Sent from my Galaxy S IV

MediaBrowser - Take your media to the next level.

XDA developers - Your home for mobile device development.

trusselo

had no idea those happened.  Might want to start using the Announcements forum, there also has not been any announcements on the server notifications either that i have seen. just noticed on the MB3.com site the twitter feed saying something about chrome, some people dont do the twitter thing. I LOTHE twitter.

post-287-0-04420000-1390171884.png

post-287-0-68726400-1390171884_thumb.png

Edited by trusselo

had no idea those happened.  Might want to start using the Announcements forum, there also has not been any announcements on the browser notifacations either. just noticed on the MB3.com site the twitter feed saying something about chrome, some people dont do the twitter thing. I LOTHE twitter.

yea. go viral on this. make sure everyone with internet access knows about it.

trusselo

or we could just put a scrolling rrs feed on the start page of MediaBrowser... where have i seen something like that?? probably some obfuscated convoluted something or other in my past...

Deihmos

Someone should setup an irc channel on freenode. Lots of developers of open source software frequent irc channels especially freenode.  I think it will be a good thing to have.

• Like 1

trusselo

....and my post at overclockers.net has been taken down, no PM, infraction or anything yet...

Mfusick

yes you are right.  I am not sure.   I just know for the last year or two he prefers XBMC.  I am not sure he even gave much effort into MB3 since it came out he seems pretty happy with XBMC,  but he often seems like he has no objection or problem with MB so I don't think it's a matter of MB doing something wrong.  I think it's just what he likes.  Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Mfusick

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1505441/critique-my-htpc-build-plan/300_100#post_24238894

Someone might want to provide a second opinion reinforcing the legitimacy and viability of the MB3 project.   That thread seems to be getting traction and it's likely to last a while.  Plus the OP seems to ran into some troubles with MB and moving onto other choices which is unfortunate.   

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1505441/critique-my-htpc-build-plan/300_100#post_24238894

Someone might want to provide a second opinion reinforcing the legitimacy and viability of the MB3 project.   That thread seems to be getting traction and it's likely to last a while.  Plus the OP seems to ran into some troubles with MB and moving onto other choices which is unfortunate.   

you linked me to a long post of yours. i don't see any negativity about us in there.

Mfusick

Not so much negativity but the OP tried MB and seemed to come up short and is headed in other directions now.   The sad part is I don't think he got it set up right to give it a fair shake but I am not too certain what his issue might have been.  I guess I could ask and perhaps we could help him figure it out.  It's funny he might turn to plex after building such a robust machine, it's far from the eye candy and slick operation of MB3 IMO.    But it does work so ... that means something.  I'm not sure if there is something we can learn here or not... I'm just sad he gave up so easily or had trouble.  I really expected him to love MB.  The thread moved on but previously he said he tried MB3 and didn't like it.   Sorry to confuse you.

The side conversation I was having with Assassin and Darkslayer was just my promoting MB3 since both of them are long time die hard XBMC users,  but they have some traction with opinions.  If they started using MB even if they kept using XBMC it would be a major win in terms of promotion since they are heavy posters and respected forum members.   

Edited by Mfusick

trusselo

Just suggest to him to come to our community forum to work out any issues that he might have had. And tell him that we would be more than happy to walk him through everything to get his setup better than he ever expected

- Sent from my Galaxy S IV

MediaBrowser - Take your media to the next level.

XDA developers - Your home for mobile device development.

• Like 1