Promoting Emby

Abobader

xXSagaiaXx

Hey guys. Cant wait to start working on this. Whole house is sick right now so I'll be back in a couple of days.

S.

• Like 1

trusselo

so i just got done talking with the mod at overclock.net

I am not allowed to talk about software that i am affiliated with. because i am part of the team and asked to do this, its a no-go.

also not allowed to recruit developers, not that they have "their own" developers there, just not allowed to use their site to find developers.

you can however advertise, review and link as much hardware as your heart desires without second thought if you work for the hardware manufactures.

• Like 1

@@trusselo that sucks.. Some of these sites must have some affiliations!

@@Luke @@Cheesegeezer et al I've been a bit busy this week hopefully get something done over the course of this week...

Any ideas???

Sent by my HTC8X using Tapatalk

trusselo

well... got some not so terrible news, one of the 2 xda posts was closed (not removed) by a young budding moderator, the post in the windows phone section was a no-go because the "trial through store" doesnt count as a free version. so its closed. but still there, and in a forum that gets tones of views, but not many new posts... so still good exposure. links work too.

the post in the paid section is still all good. could probably use a member to jump in and say how much they love it, and bump the thread.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2600595

also, just noticed this link at the bottom of http://trakt.tv/ site... "  Partnerships " another official affiliate couldnt hurt either one of us.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
trusselo

Are those places that you have promoted Media Browser or places that we should promote Media Browser?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

• Like 1

facebook, mates, greenbutton, windows experts community, toms gameex forum... 

+1 for Facebook, I think an MB3 page that people can "like" and "share" is a very simple, and quick way to promote the brand. Writing posts in different tech forums is one thing, but a like or share on facebook is something that even someone that doesn't know a lot about MB3 can do, all they have to do is "like" the idea in passing, and then all their friends will see it, and so on... seems like a Facebook fan page would be a simple, but effective promotional tool for MB3.

EDIT: to go one step further with that, a Facebook app could add some more social connectivity and advertising, such as a simple update like: "(Insert name here) is watching TV Show or Movie in MediaBrowser Theater" with a link to the "Fan page", and maybe a little artwork or logo when a user watches something in MB3... Just an idea :)

I believe other programs have similar apps for FB

Edited by pmac

Cheesegeezer

I didn't know we didn't have a facebook page. To be honest I can't stand the blood thing but, I suppose it's a good way of exposing us to the social world.

Another forum that could possibly help would be the HTPC/Media Server section of Audioholics.

At the time of writing this post there are 4391 users online there. It's a very friendly and welcoming community as well, from what I've experienced there.

Is there any standard sort of post you guys would like to see on other forums we'd like to introduce MB3 to? I want to make sure to say the right things if I'm introducing MB3 somewhere, so a sort of "cut and paste" post to get things going would be nice:)

Edited by pmac

Redshirt

We need to get mediabrowser profiling more on the trakt home page. I'm sick of seeing mp firecore and xbmc own that page. /me hides in corner as I can't do it alone...

Mfusick

Also finding MB on ROKU is hard.  PLEX is much easier to find.  I had to search for a while to find it under pictures category

Also finding MB on ROKU is hard.  PLEX is much easier to find.  I had to search for a while to find it under pictures category

It needs to be added to the Music category, but other then that it will be in the same ones as Plex is. Plex is also just located in the Photos and Video category along with Music.

Mfusick

It needs to be added to the Music category, but other then that it will be in the same ones as Plex is. Plex is also just located in the Photos and Video category along with Music.

Actually plex was a recommended install on set up and seems like you need to say no to avoid it...  

Actually plex was a recommended install on set up and seems like you need to say no to avoid it...  

On setup of what?

Koleckai Silvestri

Plex is currently listed in Most Popular and has been featured on the website. Which is interesting for a channel that is "free" but requires you to buy their Plexpass to use after 30 days.

Mfusick

On setup of what?

When I installed PLEX (three machines) each time PLEX was already checked off automatically and installed.   It was suggested as a channel on the initial set up of my ROKU.   You would have to intentionally avoid it if you did not want.  

It took me a while to find MB3 in the app store (and I obviously already knew about it and I was looking for it)

Heckler

I keep mentioning it on G+, and the other day gave a demonstration of my setup over a video hangout to a group of people. All of whom were rather impressed with the visual look and ease of access to media.

One of them immediately went looking to add MC to his windows 8 OS... but when he found they were charging you for it now he was rather miffed.

I need to learn more about MBT and speak with him to see if that would be a better option for him.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...