Promoting Emby

Abobader

Is there any "standard" post that we can use to promote MediaBrowser?

I'am planning to start a MediaBrowser topic on www.tweakers.be ( it's a dutch/belgian community website ).

There is a large topic start for xbmc ( http://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/list_messages/1467689/0 ) (Sorry it's in dutch. :) ).

But i went to do that also for MB....

Is there any "standard" post that we can use to promote MediaBrowser?

I'am planning to start a MediaBrowser topic on www.tweakers.be ( it's a dutch/belgian community website ).

There is a large topic start for xbmc ( http://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/list_messages/1467689/0 ) (Sorry it's in dutch. :) ).

But i went to do that also for MB....

Who is the audience? Potential users or developers?

Both. It's a IT community.

There will be just normal users. But maybe there are some potential developers. :)

Ok, i will try to write my own review. :)

The Roku app has been huge for us so far. If you are enjoying the app please take a moment to rate it in the app store.

Redshirt

Thanks. In some ways the MB2 plugin is more feature rich. I spoke to Jason at trakt a long time ago about v3 and just forgot to pursue it further.

The Roku app has been huge for us so far. If you are enjoying the app please take a moment to rate it in the app store.

I just read that Plex Roku channel is now a pay channel.

That makes it a great time to start advertising as the FREE media choice on Roku.

Timing couldn't be better!

• Like 1

I just read that Plex Roku channel is now a pay channel.

That makes it a great time to start advertising as the FREE media choice on Roku.

Timing couldn't be better!

Thanks!

@@sfnetwork

ah SF - if you could do this soon, and also use the new dev build with the fancy progress bars. the roku forum will eat it up.

sfnetwork

Thanks!

@@sfnetwork

ah SF - if you could do this soon, and also use the new dev build with the fancy progress bars. the roku forum will eat it up.

Yeah, I'm on it tonight.

Where, in Roku forums?

Yeah, I'm on it tonight.

Where, in Roku forums?

That and, hmmm, where else anyone? What other communities love Roku?

That and, hmmm, where else anyone? What other communities love Roku?

avsforums maybe.

I used to browse them a lot in my HTPC days...

gcw07

There isn't a new zip yet. I actually didn't make one for the last official build to the store and things have changed since then so I can't make one now. It will have to wait until the next version. Zips will btw only now be for the release version. People can use the beta private channel for beta releases if they want to be on cutting edge and don't mind if it crashes.

sfnetwork

There isn't a new zip yet. I actually didn't make one for the last official build to the store and things have changed since then so I can't make one now. It will have to wait until the next version. Zips will btw only now be for the release version. People can use the beta private channel for beta releases if they want to be on cutting edge and don't mind if it crashes.

I basically wanted a sideload version for the screenshots... (not going to take picture of my screen...)

trusselo

ok lol well i just found this thread now. after being in the other one, about getting on the team.

anyway, today i posted 3 threads on XDA-developers.com

Paid software

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=49192982

WindowsPhone Apps

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2600753

And another in the developer section asking for devs to come by and help out, possibly make some money with plugins... ect.

cant link to hidden  forum.

Few days ago posted a request for www.unifiedremote.com  to include a custom remote for MediaBrowser.

http://requests.unifiedremote.com/?o=Latest&t=Remote&p=0 MediaBrowser Theater Remote - December 29 at 19:33

Star this request.

• Like 4

trusselo

Just read your first XDA link trusselo, first, many thanks for mentioning fanart.tv in it, it's most appreciated, could you use this logo instead though http://forum.fanart.tv/styles/prosilver/imageset/logo3.png it works a little better on lighter backgrounds (though I need to come up with a better one for plain white backgrounds)

I fixed the logo this morning. However, I was just thinking it's kind of ironic... don't you deny many many images for not showing up well on light or dark backgrounds?

- Sent from my Galaxy S IV

MediaBrowser - Take your media to the next level.

XDA developers - Your home for mobile device development.

• Like 1

trusselo

This time I'm denying your logo. How do you like it?

- Sent from my Galaxy S IV

MediaBrowser - Take your media to the next level.

XDA developers - Your home for mobile device development.

Lol, that's why I do zero moderating ;)

*edit* And in fairness, the logo was never meant to be used anywhere other than the website, and it was supposed to be a stop gap till we had a better one made, but people keep using it anyway, lol

Edited by Kode