Promoting Emby

Abobader

• 4 weeks later...
thefirstofthe300

I also just finished listening to it.  That is a huge endorsement from Chris Fisher.  He has been doing LAS since 2009-ish and he has been whole hog Plex for a couple of years now.  To hear him say that he is ready to back Emby is huge.  I would definitely expect this to bump the number of Linux users that are coming in.

• Like 2

legallink

Interesting comments.  Very positive and pretty in depth.  The 2nd reviewer was far more positive than the first (not that the 1st was bad, but the 2nd basically said...PLEX= Hard < Emby = Easy).  I was surprised at how much time they spent with the product.

I thought the dissection of donation vs free features was interesting.  It was a differentiator for them for plex as to what features were free vs donated...but not the donation structure.

SikSlayer

I also just finished listening to it.  That is a huge endorsement from Chris Fisher.  He has been doing LAS since 2009-ish and he has been whole hog Plex for a couple of years now.  To hear him say that he is ready to back Emby is huge.  I would definitely expect this to bump the number of Linux users that are coming in.

Great to hear that Chris likes it and is ready to back it over Plex. LAS is really popular, this will definitely help adoption from the Linux/OSS crowd.

• Like 1

AgileHumor

Wow!  Had no idea that Luke worked on the project full time.

Also, I know Emby incorporated, but didn't know it had a staff.

Neat!

thefirstofthe300

Interesting article.  I find it good to know that Luke IS sleeping...I was really wondering about it.

• 3 weeks later...
Blueeyiz702

Anyone know any good gaming blogs or forums that focus on retro/older games, and with decent traffic?

Luke there is a site  http://www.wiiuiso.com they have retro games and get alot of action might be what your looking for. and some stats for siight :

Threads   81,815   Posts   401,955   Members   399,955   Active Members   2,653 Edited by blueeyiz7021

• 2 weeks later...

@@ScottIsAFool I just saw that article. It is really quite detailed and does a great job of expalaing a lot of what Emby can do. It should really help boost the number of users.

You guys are doing a truly great job with this software. The Kodi plugin and the server make for the best all around media system I have ever seen.

• 2 months later...
thefirstofthe300

Watch the first seven minutes of this episode of the Linux Action Show.  This guy's Emby rig is 100% awesome.

Edited by thefirstofthe300
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Carneth

I make more personal recommendations to .. well .. everyone I know..

I've told half the people I know about Emby, with the other half commenting on my set-up.. Everyone first typically asks about the HTPC in my living room, (I'm using the OrigenAE S21T.. which is awesome, wish the touchscreen was better though)..

And then everyone is typically blown away when I show them Emby.. Except one time when showing my boss and everything crashed.. great.. but hey, fixed the issue! All working fine now!

Kind of an Emby Evangelist ... I'll be walking around knocking on people's doors next, trying to show them the light... 

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

Thanks! I noticed he did his evaluation of server setup based on the Mac server, which currently we do have a few required setup steps for (something we can improve on).

For windows though, it's pretty much just a matter of clicking Next through the setup wizard.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...