Promoting Emby

Abobader

Starkadius

I saw the windowscentral article, just replied to one of the users about some of the differences between PLEX and Media Browser. If anyone else can chime in to describe other uses for media browser over PLEX please do.

• Like 1

Windows Central (formally WP Central) has posted about the WP app update.

http://www.windowscentral.com/media-browser-update-brings-media-browser-connect-cinema-mode-tons-more

Like the first 10 posts on the article are people who have never heard about MB so go post to the thread and talk about all the good things MB does! :)

It's a pretty poor effort on their part tbh... No links to any previous articles along with no explanation really what it's for!

It'd get a better write up if Rudy had wrote the app that's for sure.....

techywarrior

It's a pretty poor effort on their part tbh... No links to any previous articles along with no explanation really what it's for!

It'd get a better write up if Rudy had wrote the app that's for sure.....

Yea, but Scott responded early on in the thread with the link to the previous article.

Besides, if there are a lot of posts on the article it's more incentive for them to do a follow-up again in the future.

Yea, but Scott responded early on in the thread with the link to the previous article.

Besides, if there are a lot of posts on the article it's more incentive for them to do a follow-up again in the future.

Yeah, I get u at least it's out there..

I saw the "another vlc clone" comments etc, so it's good some people might be seeing it for the first time. I just thought the article was crap....

jluce50

Team, please get in there and comment. It will help us secure more coverage in the future.

Done! I responded to a guy asking about retrieving metadata...

Also responded to a guy asking about how Media Browser works exactly.
Pointed him to some tutorials in the community too, but they may be a bit outdated.
I comments below articles about Media Browser apps I often see people who are interested but confused about what Media Browser is exactly and how to set it up.

In the airport and picked up this mag for some reason.  Haven't looked at magazines like this for years.

5475f1b62fd4c_mag1.jpg

Flipped through it for a sec and landed on this page:

5475f1dd2567f_mag2.jpg

Obviously the same article from the UK mag above but it is getting around.

• Like 5

ScottIsAFool

So my back copy of the magazine that featured Media Browser arrived today. On the accompanying CD, it has the installer for the server :D 

So three things to take away from this:

1) We had a three page feature in a national UK magazine

2) The feature was mentioned on the front page of said magazine (sadly, our name wasn't, just the feature "Stream your media")

3) The CD that came with it allowed the users to easily install the server software

How awesome is that!

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I sent a review request to wpcentral.com to try and get them to review Scott's new Windows Phone app.

Not sure if it would help if other people send requests or if they will just decide based on how cool the app is.

It should help because finding it in the windows store is what made me get into it.

ScottIsAFool

Well, the WP app is doing fairly well at the moment, it's in the top 5 paid apps in its category (video + music) in both the UK and the US stores.

• Like 3

Deihmos

I notice that the forum members are growing rapidly. The word must be spreading. 

Edited by Deihmos

techywarrior

I notice that the forum members are growing rapidly. The word must be spreading. 

That's also a byproduct of MB Connect. But hopefully there is exponential growth as well.

• 3 weeks later...
Deihmos

I see that Kodi mentioned mediabrowser in their front page article.

On the output side, work continues, slowly but surely, on UPnP. Kodi is now significantly more compatible with servers like PlayOn and MediaBrowser, as client-related bugs have been dealt with.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
skl_mobile

I just posted in the General Area about MB3 and it's Potential,

I am going to work this month on transitioning to it.

I after I work through the install and stuff. I will send and email to the engadget dude who review SageTV and still yearns for it like I do about MB3 and what it can do. He probably will be very interested.

I think I've started what might end up as a shit storm on the Plex forums. :)

I started a thread a while back in the plex-pass only section called "The need to Vent :)".  It's about 3 full pages and almost every post agrees with the full page OP post. Today someone mentioned MB3 so I took "advantage" of it with an apples to apples comparison of my OP post to MB3 plus a few strengths and weeknesses of each.

If anyone is interested a can copy/paste the OP plus 3rd page reply here for reading.

Carlo

Since my post. MB3 has come up 3 or 4 other times. :)

Edited by cayars
  • Like 1

Glad to hear anytime there's good feedback. Thank you. Although when it's of the more public variety, that's even better :)

jluce50

I think I've started what might end up as a shit storm on the Plex forums. :)

I started a thread a while back in the plex-pass only section called "The need to Vent :)".  It's about 3 full pages and almost every post agrees with the full page OP post. Today someone mentioned MB3 so I took "advantage" of it with an apples to apples comparison of my OP post to MB3 plus a few strengths and weeknesses of each.

If anyone is interested a can copy/paste the OP plus 3rd page reply here for reading.

Carlo

Since my post. MB3 has come up 3 or 4 other times. :)

Haha! I just finished reading that thread (I added my $.02 as well) and then came here to see this. It seems to be fairly well-received even by the most loyal Plex users. Seems to have really tapped a vein of discontent...

Edited by jluce50

Glad to hear anytime there's good feedback. Thank you. Although when it's of the more public variety, that's even better :)

Yes public would be best but I took advantage when and where I could.  At least every single person there runs a media server, so it's the PERFECT audience. :)

Haha! I just finished reading that thread (I added my $.02 as well) and then came here to see this. It seems to be fairly well-received even by the most loyal Plex users. Seems to have really tapped a vein of discontent...

What's you ID over there?

I love this person's reply:

I may not be a dedicated poster to these forums, but I am lurking daily. I run a 31tb server and am seriously frustrating with most of the issues that are being brought up in this thread.

I think Plex is moving in a serious wrong direction. The only thing I see happening is adding clients (which barely work), and adding features (which also barely work). This may look great to investors (as they can claim they have all these clients and user base), but all the power users know better and want the core issues dealt with before adding these features that don't work. Seeing some of the top posters of these forums jump ship to MB3 is seriously concerning to me, as they are great help around the forums. There is a reason that these dedicated users are jumping ship and I imagine very quickly that others are going to follow suit.

I'm also ready to jump ship and within the next week I am going to test MB3 to see if it can suit my needs in its current state.

I am aware that MB3 might not have all the bells and whistles that plex currently has as it is in its infancy stage, but the one thing that is making me give it a chance is the transparency. We know that the creators are hearing what we are asking for, adding features based on requests and have a clear roadmap to show the direction they are going in.

Right now Plex has all the funding but I am getting angry with the silent treatment we are given all the time. I think its time for Plex to change some of its policies before it loses too many of its power users. There is a decent competitor in town now which is rapidly catching up to Plex's development and they should be worried. 

I really hope we get a reply from someone over there in Plex Town about our concerns before its too late.
  • Like 5

Since that was from a private access forum over there we probably don't want to reproduce it here in a public one.