Promoting Emby

Abobader

Redshirt

Yeah. We're a little out of date there, was hoping to actually get more features into the plugin so that it was worth the effort of Justin and Sean to update their site.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
jluce50

Just wanted to let you know that I submitted a tip to Lifehacker that they ought to mention MB3. They seem to be fans of Plex, but I'm guessing they just aren't aware of the progress MB3 has made. Perhaps if some others did the same they might take note. They have a large readership so a good word from them would go a long way...

• Like 1

gthrift

Lifehacker has featured Media Browser before back in 2009 according to a quick google search.  Hopefully they will cover it again.  I think they also covered it back in the beginning when it was Video Browser for XP MCE.  That's how I found and stuck with the project.

candybar213

I sent it to lifehacker about six months ago and never herd back or saw anything on the site about it. I guess Plex pays more than mb3 does. Lol

Thanks for helping out. If a few more of you could do it, maybe we'd finally get picked up by something like lifehacker or the verge.

As you guys know this new server beta is a big release for us. If you like what you're seeing and want to see more, then help us out by sending tips to tech news sites. More exposure will lead to more new developers wanting to join the community to help bring us new apps and features.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
thefirstofthe300

Good news for the Linux side of things, the Linux Action Show mentioned MB in this episode of the show. I am hoping this will bring in some more users.  A lot of the guys who watch this show are FOSS fans so maybe we will even get some people who are switching from that other software.   :)

Edited by DaBungalow

breezytm

I convinced a couple of friends to give it a try and so far they love it. They only bumper is that none of them want to run it on their PCs. They want a version that they can't run on their nas box.  Which is coming out shortly so I ensure them how fast things come out in the MB world. No worries. 

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet - did a quick search and couldn't find anything - but there is a write up in the November 2014 issue of PC Format UK.It's basically about MBS and does gloss over a lot of the great features but at least they're getting the word out. Their estimate of it taking 45 minutes to get up and running seems a bit exaggerated too.

• Like 1

ScottIsAFool

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet - did a quick search and couldn't find anything - but there is a write up in the November 2014 issue of PC Format UK.It's basically about MBS and does gloss over a lot of the great features but at least they're getting the word out. Their estimate of it taking 45 minutes to get up and running seems a bit exaggerated too.

There an online link? Or is it print?

There an online link? Or is it print?

I have a digital copy. Will see if I can rip out the 2 pages and either post them here (not sure if that would be approved of) or send them to you if you want. Just let me know.

Edited by mangis

ScottIsAFool

I have a digital copy. Will see if I can rip out the 2 pages and either post them here (not sure if that would be approved of) or send them to you if you want. Just let me know.

I'd be interested to see what they said, if you're worried about the legal aspect of it, just PM it to me.

I'd be interested to see what they said, if you're worried about the legal aspect of it, just PM it to me.

Here's the article. Hopefully accessible, I find onedrive to occassionally dislike public links.

If any admins think there is a legal issue or anything please take the link down and let me know.

ScottIsAFool

Here's the article. Hopefully accessible, I find onedrive to occassionally dislike public links.

If any admins think there is a legal issue or anything please take the link down and let me know.

That's pretty cool. Thanks for sharing.

ScottIsAFool

So it turns out that the PC Format article was a cut down version of the full thing, which is in this magazine http://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk/computer/windows-7-help-advice-magazine-back-issues/windows-7-help-advice-october-14-issue-100/ :)