Apple tv app won't work

Mike20

Some reason froze on a show

Then wouldnt load and was stuck.

Everytime I tried to use it for past 2 days.

Deleted app and re installed it 

It says to link the pin code I do that then asks for my log in details and can't get passed that.

Just keeps loading and spining for hours 

Passwords all correct, emby account works with andriod,

Only a apple tv app issue.

PLS help 

IMG_20200831_191919.jpg

Edited by Mike20

vdatanet
3 minutes ago, Mike20 said:

Some reason froze on a show

Then wouldnt load and was stuck.

Everytime I tried to use it for past 2 days.

Deleted app and re installed it 

It says to link the pin code I do that then asks for my log in details and can't get passed that.

Just keeps loading and spining for hours 

Passwords all correct, emby account works with andriod,

Only a apple tv app issue.

PLS help 

What's your Apple TV host name? That name cannot contain non-ASCII characters. I do not think this is because it previously worked, but I say it in case you have changed the name of the Apple TV.

vdatanet

Can you post your server log?

Edited by vdatanet

46 minutes ago, vdatanet said:

What's your Apple TV host name? That name cannot contain non-ASCII characters. I do not think this is because it previously worked, but I say it in case you have changed the name of the Apple TV.

I haven't touched the apple tv host name,

The emby app worked for a few days,

Then just stoped on a show,I tired to play it again and just froze the server. So deleted the app and installed again now app won't let me pass the sign in page just spins when I put my details in.

Edited by Mike20

7 hours ago, vdatanet said:

Can you post the server log?

10 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Where is  your server installed?  Can you connect to it manually via the app?

App won't work

It's stuck on loading when I try to select it 

2 hours ago, Mike20 said:

Not sure how to get the log on apple tv 

We were asking for the server log.  It is on the server.

vdatanet
20 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Where is  your server installed?  Can you connect to it manually via the app?

As I understand, you are trying to connect using Emby connect. What happens if instead of using the PIN you select skip and manually enter your credentials? Is your server local or remote? Is it your server, a friend's or a service provider's?

Edited by vdatanet

deallier

Hi

i have a friend with Apple Tv that is having the same/similar problem and it started on the 30th of August 2020 he just has what is on the picture and no library at all but if he does a search for something it will show it then he can play it. i have others that have Apple tv and as far as i know they work fine but i don't know if their apps are up to date.

any help would be appreciated

thanks   

ps: the box in front of the tv in the picture is not the apple tv you can't see it

Apple TV.jpg

hi Luke

sorry for the late reply , he has restarted the app a few times and restarted the device too no change.

uninstalled the app and reinstalled no change 

anyone have any ideas 

Thanks D 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi people. I have the same issue myself. I can’t get Emby to connect to any Server since updating to tvos14 

it just hangs endlessly on the username with the spinning wheel. I’ve deleted, reinstalled, I even changed my DNS Incase it was that but no prevail. 

Server is not even registering me connecting in at any point. 

1 minute ago, Panoptik said:

Hi people. I have the same issue myself. I can’t get Emby to connect to any Server since updating to tvos14 

it just hangs endlessly on the username with the spinning wheel. I’ve deleted, reinstalled, I even changed my DNS Incase it was that but no prevail. 

Wrong account 

let’s try again 

Hey ebr

Thanks for getting back to me

Latest version from App Store  1,4,7

Recently upgraded to tvos14

I have noticed that even though I put in capital letters on the username, it corrects them all back down to lowercase. Has anyone else come across this? So therefore I am unsure if its because the username isn't being accepted. but anyway, that spinning wheels just hangs for eternity

4 hours ago, Flexeire said:

Hey ebr

Thanks for getting back to me

Latest version from App Store  1,4,7

Recently upgraded to tvos14

I have noticed that even though I put in capital letters on the username, it corrects them all back down to lowercase. Has anyone else come across this? So therefore I am unsure if its because the username isn't being accepted. but anyway, that spinning wheels just hangs for eternity

Hi, where exactly do they get changed to lowercase? On what screen?

Hey. 

so Apple TV process

enter pin code and the screen moves on automatically to the username and then password stage. 

I input Flexeire but when it goes to password it’s flexeire 

and then it goes to endless spinning wheel.

I can sign into other devices no problem, I even signed into infuse 6 and it works a dream. 

ive deleted the app and reinstalled so many times. Attached photos 

FD1600EF-3BBC-434B-8FC7-627EF8CD9EE2.jpeg

8275B0D6-9E90-4180-8C46-E821A3D9EE56.jpeg

C1C2771E-33C0-4548-98D1-E285DD208BAD.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Flexeire said:

enter pin code and the screen moves on automatically to the username and then password stage. 

Okay, if you are using Connect that part shouldn't be happening at all and indicates a problem with the Connect process.

Try removing the connect ID from the user and saving and then re-adding it and saving (in server user configuration).  Then try using the PIN connect on the app again.

8 minutes ago, ebr said:

Okay, if you are using Connect that part shouldn't be happening at all and indicates a problem with the Connect process.

Try removing the connect ID from the user and saving and then re-adding it and saving (in server user configuration).  Then try using the PIN connect on the app again.

That’s the strange thing. 

I have a sub via my Emby connect:flexeire and I also manage my own server. 

so are you saying I should reach out to unpair my Emby connect from that sub and try again? 

unfortunate timing 😂. Will try again in an hour 

758F2620-03A3-4828-8A6E-65FF6E5FC269.jpeg

Edited by Flexeire

1 minute ago, Flexeire said:

unfortunate timing 😂. Will try again in an hour 

758F2620-03A3-4828-8A6E-65FF6E5FC269.jpeg

I doubt this is a timing thing and is probably the root of all of your issues.  Have you confirmed proper permissions for internet access for the server?  Looks like something is blocking it.