Emby is randomly sorting media in seasons, pls help

Pommes
Go to solution Solved by Carlo,

Should i try to remove all three libraries and re add the home video one?
Btw if i use the remove button in the library settings, will it only get removed from emby or my video files deleted?Unbenannt.JPG.28a92443ff4e038f1b63bcd4f4bc880d.JPG

Just now, cayars said:

In my Home Videos & Photos library I don't have a metadata field for season or episode.

I dont know 😛 it is there, but i am quite new to emby tbh

• Solution
3 minutes ago, Pommes said:

But like the history is that
1. I added the Youtube folder as "Mixed" library, but then saw the incorrect sorting
2. After that i added it as musikvideo library, but same result
3. and then i added it as Home video and foto, and same result

So at the moment i have three libraries.

Only an idea, is it possible that emby "remembers" the season sorting from the other libraries?

Remove all 3 libraries.

Create a brand new library based on Home video and photos.

Scan

How does it look now?

With the remove library button? But do my video files get deleted then or just in emby

Edited by Pommes

Yes with the remove library option. No, it will not delete your media but feel free to move the content first if that would make you feel better.

Part of your problem is that a path can only be used ONE TIME for ONE LIBRARY.  If you add that path to multiple libraries you get goofy results.

So by removing all 3 libraries and setting it back up fresh with Home Videos and Photos this should be the format you want.

How long should removing take? Removed the first library 4 mins ago but it is still showing up (refreshed page already) about 23 000 videos

Can take a few minutes.  It basically has to remove 23K entries from the database.  Just let it do it's thing and don't interrupt it.

9 minutes ago, Pommes said:

ok still runing

No problem.  BTW, are these all Youtube downloads?  What program do you use for downloading?

5 minutes ago, cayars said:

No problem.  BTW, are these all Youtube downloads?  What program do you use for downloading?

4k downloader https://www.4kdownload.com/ since a few years now works perfectly, but for this auto check and download you need the pro version.
Yep 23k Youtube only but besides yt some other stuff to

Edited by Pommes

I've got something similar setup but it uses the podcast plugin to bring them into Emby.

I didn't want a full library of the videos since they are available on Youtube.  But I use an RSS feed to keep the recent playlist up to date with new releases for a few channels.

k i startet with this yt backup quite a while ago, because some of my favorite channels got striked/deleted because of copyright (mainly music videos, like game edits, Mm, or remixes and nightcore) and i still wanted to watch them 😛

pwhodges
3 hours ago, Pommes said:

But like the history is that
1. I added the Youtube folder as "Mixed" library, but then saw the incorrect sorting
2. After that i added it as musikvideo library, but same result
3. and then i added it as Home video and foto, and same result

So at the moment i have three libraries.

Only an idea, is it possible that emby "remembers" the season sorting from the other libraries?

So you had added the same directory three times with different library types.  Note that if any directory is in more than one library this is breaking Emby's rules, and unexpected behaviour will happen.  Diagnosis might have been quicker if you had made only one library at a time, or used separate copies of the original to test different types. 

Anyway, I'm pleased you're sorted now.

Paul

Edited by pwhodges

4 hours ago, pwhodges said:

So you had added the same directory three times with different library types.  Note that if any directory is in more than one library this is breaking Emby's rules, and unexpected behaviour will happen.  Diagnosis might have been quicker if you had made only one library at a time, or used separate copies of the original to test different types. 

Anyway, I'm pleased you're sorted now.

Paul

Yep sorry didnt know that