Emby is randomly sorting media in seasons, pls help

Pommes
Go to solution Solved by Carlo,

Hi
I just added my library from downloaded youtube channels to emby, but it tries to add every video to a season and is really buggy. pic 1
I tried the library type mixed, home videos and pictures and musicvideo. 

This happens only with 7 channels the others are how it should be pic 2.
I have one folder called Youtube and for every channel a subfolder. I havent added anything to the videonames like S01E02 or sth
How can i turn off season sorting for the whole library

Thx :)

1.JPG

2.JPG

pwhodges

You have the choice of naming the videos systematically according to Emby's naming guides so that the identification and sorting that is fundamental to Emby can do its job correctly, or of putting the content in a library with the "Home Videos" content type.

Paul

Hi i tried multiple library options including home videos and i havent named them SXXEXX sometimes are in the normal video titel numbers like 1000 subscriber special etc but i dont want to change this

Hi,

If you want them to sort or list a specific way, you'll have to name them in a way that lends itself to that display manner.  Without a metadata provider that can give order to the files you have to do this yourself.

Hi

9 minutes ago, cayars said:

Hi,

If you want them to sort or list a specific way, you'll have to name them in a way that lends itself to that display manner.  Without a metadata provider that can give order to the files you have to do this yourself.

I dont want any metadata or sort them i just want them all like on the second picture, no seasons, no metadata or else. 

I did that 😕

1 minute ago, cayars said:

Why not put them in Home Movies library into a folder for each youtube channel?

But still showing as seasons 

There should not be any seasons in Home Movies.  Do you have any NFO files in your library folders for this content?

Just now, cayars said:

There should not be any seasons in Home Movies.  Do you have any NFO files in your library folders for this content?

No only Videos (mp4  & mkv) nothing else

4 minutes ago, Pommes said:

The season sorting is triggert by any numbers in the title in this example 1x1

Unbenannt.JPG

Got ya. OK that makes sense why you get the season from that.  You might have to remove the 1x1 from the title of those files if you don't want seasons.

You could try manually removing the season & episode from the metadata of each file as well to see if that helps.

Manually removing the season info doesnt help tried that aleady. Renaming the files (removing stuff like 1x1) helps with emby but makes huge problems with an other programm, so isnt really an option eather. (I have a program for YT Downloads which checks every view minutes a list of YT channels and compares the videos with the folder, so if i rename it in the folder it will just download it again everytime)

Does every file have the exact same "1x1" in the title or is it progressive like "1x2", "1x3"?

But like the history is that
1. I added the Youtube folder as "Mixed" library, but then saw the incorrect sorting
2. After that i added it as musikvideo library, but same result
3. and then i added it as Home video and foto, and same result

So at the moment i have three libraries.

Only an idea, is it possible that emby "remembers" the season sorting from the other libraries?