Save audio/subtitles preferences per series/season per user profile

Pitchblack

Pitchblack

Hi,

I have tried to see if that was brought up before in the forum but I didn't see anything quite like what I'm about to mention.

Right now Emby has a way to set global preferences for Audio and Subtitles language that can override default flag on video files.
It's also possible to select the audio/subtitle track when playing a series's season or a single file.. that seems to also take into account the global preference mentioned just above.

What I propose is to be able to save even more granular preferences for Audio/Subtitles.
My use case is that I listen to a lot of different kind of video media in different languages.. and the majority of my files have multiple audio and subtitles tracks and I don't always want to listen to them in French, English, Spanish, German or Japanese...

We need a way to be able to save Audio/Subtitles track preference on a movie/tv series (tv series season) basis.. these specific preferences would override the global preferences as they are more specific.

Another argument in favor of this feature are file with multiple Audio/Subtitles tracks flagged with the same language...
I've seen this happen in 2 cases recently:

• Movie - Cast Commentary track which is often the same language as the default flag of the file
  • Anime DVD and BD releases often have JPN & ENG audio tracks but also 2 ENG subtitle tracks... 1 which only contain the typesetting (translation of signs and written japanese) and 1 for the full audio + visual translation...

I think this demonstrate a need to be able to save granular preferences for Audio/Subtitles track on a per Series per User Profile basis.

Thank you!

Edited by Pitchblack
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Pitchblack
9 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi, is this not the same as this request?

Hi ebr,

Yes that's exactly it, but I see that it dates from 2017 and Luke's reply on it wasn't what the user had in mind and there was no follow up.

I think it's an opportunity to bring it up again.

Any plan in the pipeline for something similar?

Thank you!

No reason to create a new request when one already exists.  Just lend your support to the existing one instead,

Thanks.