Playing a live stream from unrelated Kodi Addon (TheCrew) generates Emby Addon error

serendrewpity

serendrewpity

Hi. Running Emby for Kodi addon v4.1.19 on Kodi 18.7 (Leia) on LibreELEC 9.2.3 on a Raspberry Pi 3B+. It connects to an Emby Server v4.4.3.0 running on a QNAP NAS running QTS 4.2.4

So my process is to setup an SDCard image exactly the way I want on a development Raspberry Pi 3B+ and then perform a backup of that image and store it on the NAS somewhere. I can then load a generic/vanilla LibreELEC image on an SDCard with no configuration at all and insert it in a 'production' RPi3B+ and just perform a restore from the backup that I created earlier and I am up and running in the time it takes for the restore to complete.

Every 5 to 6 months or so, one of the addons breaks in such a way that I will have to update the backup image. Either because an build or addon's development was abandoned or some other thing breaks, rendering the work needed after the restore as too much. That's where I find myself at right now.

Currently when I perform a restore, an addon named, TheCrew, stops working. However, an update exists that will fix it but I have to update LibreELEC to v9.2.4 which updates Kodi to 18.8 and then I can update the third-party, TheCrew, addon. This addon also updates a number of dependencies. [see screenshot]. I've also included Emby dependencies to demonstrate there does not appear to be any overlap.

When all the updates complete, all operations function as expected. However, I have 'Show log when error occurs' enabled and an error [see screenshot] is shown when playing a live stream from TheCrew addon. 

What I thought happened is that, TheCrew, kodi addon update stepped on an addon that Emby depends on. Now, I'm not so sure. I've toggled a few 'Playback' settings within the Kodi Emby Addon but none mitigate the error. I could disable 'Show log when error occurs', but I would rather address whatever it is that is causing the problem.

I am thinking that I may try a beta release of the Kodi Emby addon but perhaps someone else has encountered this and knows what is at issue here.

screenshot967.png

screenshot956.png

screenshot969.png

Edited by serendrewpity
added version for Emby for Kodi

serendrewpity

There is something about the task of slowing down to take the time to collect the data you need to post here.

Doing so, I was able to resolve my own issue. There was a dependency addon that was stepped on by TheCrew addon. The REQUESTS dependency addon is relied on by ResolveURL, SportsDevil and Emby. 

Steps to fix [for my case]: Restore from backup. Update LibreELEC to v9.2.4/Kodi 18.8 then immediately "Update All" in "Available Updates" under Add-on Browser. Once complete, then and only then, do you update TheCrew addon and all it's dependencies.

Alternatively you could dig through Kodi 'System' settings and find 'Addons' and then "Running" dependencies and find the 'Requests' addon and upgrade/downgrade based on the version that is currently giving you issues.

Problem is resolved. PROBLEM IS NOT RESOLVED!

UPDATE: After a reboot and actually allowing Emby to start up first, showed that the error is still there. Not sure what to try next. NONE of the other dependency addons that Emby requires have alternative versions. So, there's no other version they can be upgraded or downgraded to. I tried a complete uninstall/reinstall of Emby and this didn't resolve the issue.

screenshot977.png

Edited by serendrewpity
grammar, punctuation, incorrect conclusion

serendrewpity

Seems as though Emby for Kodi v4.1.19a as resolved the issue. To be clear I was running Emby for Kodi v4.0.19 (I didn't mention the version number in the OP.)

I've rebooted twice and waited for Emby to start each time and so far so good.

I would like to know what the difference is between the 4.1.19 and 4.1.19a versions are.

Edited by serendrewpity

On 8/29/2020 at 9:49 PM, serendrewpity said:

Seems as though Emby for Kodi v4.1.19a as resolved the issue. To be clear I was running Emby for Kodi v4.0.19 (I didn't mention the version number in the OP.)

I've rebooted twice and waited for Emby to start each time and so far so good.

I would like to know what the difference is between the 4.1.19 and 4.1.19a versions are.

For beta builds you have to just follow github commits:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/plugin.video.emby/commits/master

Although it's unclear to me which commit would have affected this issue. Nonetheless we'll be getting a stable update to the add on out soon. Thanks for the feedback.