Update failed Pligins & Applications

Fedora

Hi Everyone, I m running into this problem about a week now.

OS "UBUNTU 20.04" 64x

Emby V. 4.4.3.0

So apparently its unable to update it self or check if any new Update its available

Here what the logs say... but I don't really know from where to start my troubleshooting :/

I didn't change anythigs in the last two or 3 weeks but this Issue come to my attention now

2020-08-28 10:52:49.918 Error HttpClient: Error getting response from https://api.github.com/repos/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 4.4.3.0
    Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb
    Operating system: Unix 5.4.0.42
    64-Bit OS: True
    64-Bit Process: True
    User Interactive: True
    Runtime: file:///opt/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
    System.Environment.Version: 3.1.2
    Processor count: 2
    Program data path: /var/lib/emby
    Application directory: /opt/emby-server/system
    System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: Resource temporarily unavailable
     ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (11): Resource temporarily unavailable
       at System.Net.Http.ConnectHelper.ConnectAsync(String host, Int32 port, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at System.Net.Http.ConnectHelper.ConnectAsync(String host, Int32 port, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.ConnectAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean allowHttp2, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.CreateHttp11ConnectionAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.GetHttpConnectionAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.SendWithRetryAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean doRequestAuth, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at System.Net.Http.RedirectHandler.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at System.Net.Http.DecompressionHandler.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at System.Net.Http.HttpClient.FinishSendAsyncUnbuffered(Task`1 sendTask, HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationTokenSource cts, Boolean disposeCts)
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
    Source: System.Net.Http
    TargetSite: Void MoveNext()
    InnerException: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Resource temporarily unavailable
    Source: System.Private.CoreLib
    TargetSite: Void Throw()

Annotation 2020-08-28 151336.png

Happy2Play

But that would mean you had 8 application and 2 plugin successful updates that ran in between that 9 hour block.

Application update runs every hour

Plugin update runs every 3 hours

13 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi there, are you using a vpn?

Yes I do, but the Emby service should be excluted from VPN tun. and this configuration have been always working to few weeks ago when this errors start to comes up

17 hours ago, Luke said:

Can you try turning off the VPN?

I did, I turned Off for whole nigth the VPN but this morning the Update failed messagge was still there, I also reboot the machine keeping Off the VPN.... not luck

• 3 weeks later...

Okay I found the reason why I had this issue: my firewall for some reason has banned an massive IP range with a 16bit subnet and yes one of them was the emby updates sites :D
I finally found what was blocking nealry all world  because I couldn't browser even to emby.media, also even windows had some problem to connect on their own servers .... I couldn't activate the Windows by key due connections error and the reason was my firewall, the thing that made it harder to discovery was the VPN, I use VPN on all PC's and device at home appart the Emby server so using vpn which by pass the firewall rules on outgoing didn't caused any problem... the issue comes up only if not VPN's tun. is used... long troubleshooting have been done to get to the source of the issue 😕 .... but sorted now and all bloody world is back to do port scans on my wan IP ... at least I m able to navigate again me too

Sorry if I reported it here as  looks like it was an emby issue at the begining but wasn't

Edited by Fedora