master folders

metropical

metropical

Some DVDs come with extras, outtakes, etc.

I usually drop the film/TV & extras in a master folder.

But on the server, they appear as individual items at the top level.

Could there be the option to see these master folders and dig down from the top level if one desires.?

Edited by metropical

Hi.  We already support these if named/placed properly.  Please let us know if the above answers your question.

Thanks.

metropical

thanks for that link.  That worked nicely for most.  A couple I had to put on my thinking cap to figure why they didn't.
But here are 2 variations I can't figure how to do.
I have 3 films by WC Fields that I'd like to show up in the folder WC as title 1, title , title 3.  I can only get them to the top level, not in a click open sub-folder like others are now.
Same thing with a bunch of films based on Beckett plays.  I put them in a folder called Beckett and I'd be fine with them juts showing up as Beckett 1 thru 30.

metropical

here's both.  the extras in Beckett are actually other shorts.  But I am not that picky to name them all ... unless I need to.

Screen Shot 2020-08-29 at 11.42.24 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-29 at 11.42.55 AM.png

Edited by metropical

metropical

yes.  what I was looking to do was to make a master folder for a particular director/actor.
The 2nd folder, those top level films are all part of a collection.  I really wanted them in the extras folder.
Which isn't actually extras, it's other films of a related playwright filmed by the same people.
What the best way to accomplish these things or is extras it?
1056423329_ScreenShot2020-08-30at8_03_43AM.png.5a78667f9a2d5d731b6a77d7c7e3b286.png

Extras is probably your best option. Either that or live with them at the top level and then use the folder views as much as possible.