Emby 1.0.82 update not working for my TV

ChoromPotro

ChoromPotro

I was using Emby 1.0.81 just fine and I upgraded to 1.0.82 today and it's not working. I can see the emby logo and that's that, I can't login, nor do I see any other prompts. I am using a 2016 model samsung TV (UA49K6300)

Steps I've taken :

1. Power cycled the TV

2. Reinstalled apps, deleted and reinstalled too.

3. Tried different USB, redownloaded and copied the files again.

4. Waited 20 mins for the splash screen to pass.

I don't know how to get log from tizen so I can't It can't even go to login page so server log will be useless. I grabbed a screenshot but that's that. Can I find the .zip file for 1.0.81 please ?

photo_2020-08-29_02-00-20.jpg

Edited by ChoromPotro
added tv model

ChoromPotro
17 minutes ago, ajeansnz said:

Same problem - looks like 1.0.82 is a problem ?  Time to hunt down the previous version - annoying.

if you find it let me know please, I failed to find it. In their release page they have only 1 version, which is absolutely stupid.

ChoromPotro
2 minutes ago, SamES said:

A fix will be coming soon

Time to put multiple version to avoid situation like this ? There is no reason you only should have one version. It sucks to "upgrade" and get locked.

ajeansnz

Awesome @MrMind - Thanks - and all back up and running.  And lesson learnt - I will keep an archive of the releases myself also (perhaps not in recycle! :)).  Come on Team Emby - we appreciate the work you all put in but surely it's not that hard to keep an archive of releases on Github ?  Particularly given a bunch of us are paid up subscribers??

• Like 1

ChoromPotro
57 minutes ago, ajeansnz said:

Awesome @MrMind - Thanks - and all back up and running.  And lesson learnt - I will keep an archive of the releases myself also (perhaps not in recycle! :)).  Come on Team Emby - we appreciate the work you all put in but surely it's not that hard to keep an archive of releases on Github ?  Particularly given a bunch of us are paid up subscribers??

They will probably say "Thanks for the feedback" and conveniently forget / disregard the opinion. The guy who confirmed it, did not even bother addressing it probably because he's not the guy who gets to say "Thanks for the feedback".

Just look at this release cycle. They see that the update is broken, they acknowledge it, still they did not pull down the file. Neither did they instruct on how to get old file. So anyone who is reading this thread, since devs are too incompetent to even tell me how to get old version, I've figured out the way.

Just go to : https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/commits/master/tizen

Then get what you need via upload date. It does not reflect 1:1 to changelog, but at least it's something official.

Oh here's another "Thanks for your feedback" opportunity, publish your md5 so that random users can verify what they are downloading when you inevitably mess up again. @Luke

Please refrain from profanity as this is a family friendly environment.

We are looking into this issue.

• Thanks 1

ajeansnz

Thanks @ChoromPotro for finding the releases link.  I had headed there but hadn't looked close enough - in my head was looking for release numbers!  Thanks @Luke and team for getting a working version up.  I am away now but will run it up when I'm back.  Regardless a lesson to keep working releases - things can and do go wrong - accepted.