I cannot seem to play a certain tv show.

milpat
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Hi,

I think you actually answered your own question.  If just one series is having a problem but no other is than that series is likely at fault.  It is likely encoded improperly.

Could you post the metadata for one of the episodes?

Just now, cayars said:

Hi,

I think you actually answered your own question.  If just one series is having a problem but no other is than that series is likely at fault.  It is likely encoded improperly.

Could you post the metadata for one of the episodes?

for sure thank you for speedy reply (one of the many reasons emby is better than all competitors)

2020-08-28 11_04_31-Window.png

• Like 1

Right off the bat I see you have 10 bit files vs 8 bit.  You also have PGSSUB subtitles.

When you're playing these back are you trying to play the subtitles or not?

1 minute ago, cayars said:

Right off the bat I see you have 10 bit files vs 8 bit.  You also have PGSSUB subtitles.

When you're playing these back are you trying to play the subtitles or not?

No i am not trying to play with subtitles is that the problem?

Nope, that makes it simpler.

I've got the feeling it's the combination of HEVC and 10 bit files causing you an issue.  Is the device you're playing back on setup for 10 bit video?

Just now, cayars said:

Nope, that makes it simpler.

I've got the feeling it's the combination of HEVC and 10 bit files causing you an issue.  Is the device you're playing back on setup for 10 bit video?

well i am running the server off of a windows 10 machine and im trying to play off of a windows 10 machine.

Anyway you could upload 1 episode somewhere and send me a PM link to it?  I'd like to test a couple of things with your file if possible.

Carlo

1 minute ago, cayars said:

Anyway you could upload 1 episode somewhere and send me a PM link to it?  I'd like to test a couple of things with your file if possible.

Carlo

google drive? pm link?

vdatanet

It's playing fine here. Tha's my processing plan:

>>>>>>  Processing Plan
Info    Name                                        CanDoInHardware      WillDoInHardware     Reason                                  
Info    VAAPI UHD Graphics 630 - H.265 (HEVC)    >> True                 True                 Hardware Codec                           
Info    VideoInput                               >> True                 True                 Same adapter (/dev/dri/renderD128), s... 
Info    ColorConversion                          >> True                 True                                                          
Info    VideoOutput                              >> True                 True                 Hardware encoder                         
Info    VAAPI UHD Graphics 630 - H.264 (AVC)     >> True                 True                 Hardware Codec                           

>>>>>>  Projected Processing Formats
Info    Previous                HW-Context   Format       SW-Format       Next
Info    hevc                 >> VAAPI        vaapi_vld    yuv420p10    >> scale_vaapi
Info    scale_vaapi          >> VAAPI        vaapi_vld    nv12         >> 

That's your processing plan:

>>>>>>  Processing Plan
Info    Name                                        CanDoInHardware      WillDoInHardware     Reason                                  
Info    Automatic software decoder               >> False                False                Software Codec                           
Info    VideoInput                               >> False                False                Not a hardware decoder                   
Info    ColorConversion                          >> False                False                                                         
Info    VideoOutput                              >> False                False                Not a hardware encoder                   
Info    libx264 Software Encoder                 >> False                False                Software Codec                           

>>>>>>  Projected Processing Formats
Info    Previous                HW-Context   Format       SW-Format       Next
Info    hevc                 >> -            yuv420p10    yuv420p10    >> format
Info    format               >> -            yuv420p      yuv420p      >> 

Edited by vdatanet

vdatanet
Just now, milpat said:

any thoughts? @vdatanet @cayars

What's the exact problem? Because according your log, episode is transcoding fine. File is correct because I can play that using Emby + Chrome.

Just now, vdatanet said:

What's the exact problem? Because according your log, episode is transcoding fine. File is correct because I can play that using Emby + Chrome.

so it just loads for a long time and i never can get playback.

vdatanet
Just now, milpat said:

how do i change my processing plan so it works for this? how do i make it more similar to yours?

That's automatic according your server, the only difference I see is that I'm using hardware transcoding and you use software transcoding, but your transcoding has no errors, it's seems fine.

vdatanet
1 minute ago, milpat said:

so it just loads for a long time and i never can get playback.

Can you test a different browser?