Expanded Scan Scheduling Options

Netfool

Netfool

The current Library Scan scheduling options are too limited.

1. It needs to be possible to schedule a task hourly at x minutes past the hour.

2. There is no way to schedule scans of a single library.

RATIONALE:  On file systems where Emby Server cannot detect that a file has been added, and an outside process is frequently adding content, the library needs to be scanned very frequently.  Re-scanning all the libraries can be very time consuming.   In my case the Channels DVR TV-Everywhere integration is adding programs hourly during the day.  While a scan can be scheduled at 1 hour intervals, there's no way to specify whether it at 2 minutes past the hour when the program first appears or 59 minutes past the hour so you could never watch a program while it's still streaming.

Happy2Play

Well it can be done from the api, but I manually manipulated the custom scheduled task for library scan.  But yes further customization via the UI would be nice.  But from a individual library scan standpoint there are no scheduled scan options.  You would have to send a api request per library.

Manually manipulated ticks count to adjust time. only did sample

custom.thumb.jpg.6e13019ad7112a0b762fc0b8663e7919.jpg

custom2.jpg.ffd230dc451dd0153f55a8460432d06e.jpg

Netfool
23 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

But from a individual library scan standpoint there are no scheduled scan options. 

That's the real rub.  A full library scan takes many minutes.  To do that once an hour is a pretty big increase in the workload.  Scanning just the library with the fresh recordings is relatively quick because the library is automatically pruned to keep only 3 episodes of each entry.

Looks like I need to dig into the API docs!   Is https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby/wiki the right starting point?

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, Netfool said:

That's the real rub.  A full library scan takes many minutes.  To do that once an hour is a pretty big increase in the workload.  Scanning just the library with the fresh recordings is relatively quick because the library is automatically pruned to keep only 3 episodes of each entry.

Looks like I need to dig into the API docs!   Is https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby/wiki the right starting point?

Yes

• Thanks 1