Emby on Android TV with suspended Google Pay account

PeteS457

Right now she can't go anywhere past the emby connect with a pin number... I was wondering if she uninstalled the emby app and then got rid of my Google account on her shield and then opened up or added her Google account and then downloaded the emby app again will she'll be able to get past emby connect as soon as she clicks on it

vdatanet
1 hour ago, Happy2Play said:

Sounds like your not configured for Remote connections.

Have you looked and the External Connections section?

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001849007-connectivity

I think this is the real issue. Are remote connections working? Is her account in your server connected to her Emby Connect account?

See here's the problem that Shield used to be my shield I gave it to her loaded everything down here in South Carolina except emby..it didnt have her google account just mine..she took it home but didn't have emby at the time..downloaded emby on my Google account..and now she is stuck with emby connect at start up in app and cant connect to a server or even login with her emby username and password 

Happy2Play

Emby connect has nothing to do with Google account.  The app will validate via the Google account but any users account can sign into the app.

Does she have a Connect account?  Have you created a local user account on your Emby server and attached here Connect username to that account?

Does Remote access work on your Emby server?

Removed duplicate posts of the post above.

Edited by Happy2Play

No..I dont want her to connect to my server... I just want her to have the plan emby app nothing linked to my account at all.. everything separate from me just plain emby app with pecan log in and connect to anyone server that she knows

vdatanet
2 minutes ago, Pittro said:

No..I dont want her to connect to my server... I just want her to have the plan emby app nothing linked to my account at all.. everything separate from me just plain emby app with pecan log in and connect to anyone server that she knows

Then the owner of that server has to link her username to the Emby connect account. 

If that server is not Premiere, she will have to purchase the app unlock with her Google account.

Edited by vdatanet

That's what I've ben saying ..yes the server she is trying to connect is not emby premiere ... he doesn't have to have emby premiere does she ...she could just have a emby account right

Edited by Pittro

But the owner of that server did link her account but remember her emby app is in my Google account and I think that's causing the confusion ..I think she has to get her own app from her own google account... what does happen is I tried to link to that server with her username and password from my end and it went there everything loaded

So the best solution that I could get from you guys would be to have her uninstall emby... remove my Google account from her Shield box ...add her Google account to that shield box download the emby app from google play store..then should be fine from there??

The best solution IMHO would be for her to do a factory reset of the Shield TV and then setup it up from scratch as her own.  She could then add Emby and any other apps she wants and be in the clear of anything that might get in the way.

she's kind of a novice and I did put a bunch of apps on there for her and I don't want her to lose those apps that are working...the thing is I don't want to start from scratch right away hopefully changing the Google account will work if not then I'll do a factory reset

Keep in mind if you do a factory reset and have her give you here google username/password or you can teamview into her desktop/notebook you can go to the playstore, pick the apps and reinstall this way as well without having to be logged into the shield.

If using Hulu, Prime or Netflix she will likely have to do the PIN login but other than that it's pretty easy.

vdatanet
16 minutes ago, Pittro said:

she's kind of a novice and I did put a bunch of apps on there for her and I don't want her to lose those apps that are working...the thing is I don't want to start from scratch right away hopefully changing the Google account will work if not then I'll do a factory reset

Try just add her google account and then remove your google account. I've never done that in the Shield but I did it in Android Phone.

Edited by vdatanet

vdatanet
Just now, Pittro said:

So you're saying add her account first then remove my account after

Just try. I've done that several times in Android phones.

• Like 2