Subtitle Downloader Error

thefirstofthe300

thefirstofthe300

I was quite happy to see that MB3 can handle downloading subtitles for all of my movies and TV shows now and even more excited to see that it could detect embedded subtitles and properly skip such files.  However, I have run into a bit of a snag.

Every time the server fires off a subtitle download using any of the triggers (refresh, manual trigger, etc.) nothing happens.  I have entered the correct username and password for OpenSubtitles.org several times.  I did notice that every time I navigate away from and then back to the subtitles metadata page, the password disappears (no covered password at all, just a blank text box).

Screenshots:

Before navigating away from page:

SXyf7NC.png

After navigating away from and back to page:

MsX2KDV.png

MB-Server-Log-Subtitle-Downloader-Error.tar.gz

• 3 weeks later...
Jason922

Having the same problem, anybody managed to have this function working?

This is in my log file

Error - SubtitleManager: Error downloading subtitles from Open Subtitles

Unable to update the password. The value provided for the new password does not meet the length, complexity, or history requirements of the domain.

System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException
  at System.Security.Cryptography.ProtectedData.Unprotect(Byte[] encryptedData, Byte[] optionalEntropy, DataProtectionScope scope)
  at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Security.EncryptionManager.DecryptString(String value)
  at MediaBrowser.Providers.Subtitles.OpenSubtitleDownloader.DecryptPassword(String password)
  at MediaBrowser.Providers.Subtitles.OpenSubtitleDownloader.<Login>d__f.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
  at MediaBrowser.Providers.Subtitles.OpenSubtitleDownloader.<Search>d__23.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
  at MediaBrowser.Providers.Subtitles.SubtitleManager.<SearchSubtitles>d__b.MoveNext()
Edited by Jason922

aspdend

I get the same issue - tbh I haven't raised it yet as it is a minor use for me so I was going to look at this in time, however, as it has been raised now...

thefirstofthe300

I get the same issue - tbh I haven't raised it yet as it is a minor use for me so I was going to look at this in time, however, as it has been raised now...

What server version are you running. This issue was fixed for me several releases ago. And are you running a Linux server?

Sent from my Nexus 7

aspdend

What server version are you running. This issue was fixed for me several releases ago. And are you running a Linux server?

Sent from my Nexus 7

The latest Beta 3.0.5326.13255 - just checked now and the issue is still there

thefirstofthe300

The latest Beta 3.0.5326.13255 - just checked now and the issue is still there

I am not seeing any errors thrown by my server when firing the download subtitles task. Have you double checked your open subtitles password and username?

Also, could you post a log for the benefit of the devs.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Jason922

DaBungalow,

I'm running offical release version 3.0.5326.13255 and having the same problem with opensubtilte password in your first post.

What version you running now?

aspdend

I am not seeing any errors thrown by my server when firing the download subtitles task. Have you double checked your open subtitles password and username?

Also, could you post a log for the benefit of the devs.

Sent from my Nexus 7

I haven't checked the server log for errors I must admit as I am trying to get to the bottom of my Out of Memory errors instead - as I said before, it's not a major issue for me at this stage if the subtitles aren't working. Will check the logs later when I get home. I have checked my password and username both work fine at opensubtitles

thefirstofthe300

I find it odd that you are running into the exact same problem. I am running the latest Linux build which I believe is the same one you are using. If you are also running into other issues, I would have to say that I need to turn you over to @@Luke to get these problems fixed. Could you post your logs for him?

Sent from my Nexus 7

thefirstofthe300

This wasn't exactly my error but if @@Luke added a more robust error message, I suppose it could be.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Jason922

This wasn't exactly my error but if @@Luke added a more robust error message, I suppose it could be.

Sent from my Nexus 7

The error might be different as I'm using the Windows build and not the Linux built but the symptoms are the same as your first post...

i.e. Password not registering and very time I navigate away from and then back to the subtitles metadata page, the password disappears.

Not a big problem as I have Sublight doing the scrapping ATM. Maybe @@Luke can have a quick look when he have the time  :D 

Edited by Jason922

thefirstofthe300

Actually, I noticed that the password still disappears when I input it into the server. However, it has obviously been logged into the serves as it shows a password hash. Speaking of which, the hash in your log file is rather interesting. Is it Chinese? Or some similar language?

Sent from my Nexus 7

Jason922

Actually, I noticed that the password still disappears when I input it into the server. However, it has obviously been logged into the serves as it shows a password hash. Speaking of which, the hash in your log file is rather interesting. Is it Chinese? Or some similar language?

Sent from my Nexus 7

I do have some Asian movies and series in my library but usernames and password for everything is definitely made up of English alphabets and numerals.