Shield Experience 8.2.0

CBers

Riggs

@ebr I sent a a log from my Shield under my username yesterday in the afternoon maybe 3 EST or so. Can you check it? 4K movie is what I want you see in the log, if not there I can send another if is needed.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Riggs said:

@ebr I sent a a log from my Shield under my username yesterday in the afternoon maybe 3 EST or so. Can you check it? 4K movie is what I want you see in the log, if not there I can send another if is needed.

Thanks.

What am I looking for?  I don't see any playback in that log.

Riggs
2 hours ago, ebr said:

What am I looking for?  I don't see any playback in that log.

Okay, then let me send you another this afternoon.

I want that you can see the 4K playback, I'm experimenting some stops/cuts... and some delay after hit the play button.. maybe related to the AI. OR the refresh rate adjust now present in 8.2  I don't know. Wait for it :) 

Thanks

kikinjo

i have no issues with 4K at all. all working fine. If 4k resolution is active AI is not used at all, just for info.

• Like 1

Riggs
1 hour ago, kikinjo said:

i have no issues with 4K at all. all working fine. If 4k resolution is active AI is not used at all, just for info.

You don't have a pause after hit play with the new upgrade? there's a pause and then HDR shows and then the movie start. Seems something with the new refresh or Ai, I don't now that's why i will send the new log today.

I'm using original copies, do you? I mean, they are normally big files.

No issues with 1080p, 720p, or 480p content.

Is the same issue that I can get if I check the refresh rate option in the Emby APP.

:unsure:

Edited by Riggs
more details

6 hours ago, Riggs said:

Is the same issue that I can get if I check the refresh rate option in the Emby APP

It is normal for the display to blank out for a few seconds when changing modes...

Riggs
4 hours ago, ebr said:

It is normal for the display to blank out for a few seconds when changing modes...

Did you receive the log today? I sent it around 4:30 EST

thanks

7 hours ago, Riggs said:

Did you receive the log today? I sent it around 4:30 EST

thanks

Yes, but it doesn't contain any playback activity.

vdatanet
1 minute ago, Riggs said:

My Shield is the 2017 Pro

Great, 2017 Pro is better than 2019 Tube

• Like 1

Riggs

Anyway.

When AI upscaling is enabled, somtimes a line of corruption on the bottom and right hand side of the screen may be seen.

• Found in 8.1.x, will be fixed in a future update

I need to figure out how disable that feature.  

Riggs
10 minutes ago, vdatanet said:

Great, 2017 Pro is better than 2019 Tube

I'm thinking is buy a new 2019 Pro, but the last time i saw, they didn't have in stock.

I bought the new remote control a few months ago and it is the one I use. ( I hate the Neftlix button btw :D )

vdatanet
9 minutes ago, Riggs said:

Anyway.

I need to figure out how disable that feature.  

As far as I know Shield 2017 does not support AI upscaling.

Riggs
Just now, vdatanet said:

As far as I know Shield 2017 does not support AI upscaling.

Hmm... Yes, I know that in my processor that is the only different thing that it has with the 2020 version, however, those attempts to make refresh changes and some cuts or buffer problems when playing 4K content, it is not something that was experiencing before upgrade, so maybe this has to do with the problem I'm trying to expose here.

vdatanet
14 minutes ago, Riggs said:

Hmm... Yes, I know that in my processor that is the only different thing that it has with the 2020 version, however, those attempts to make refresh changes and some cuts or buffer problems when playing 4K content, it is not something that was experiencing before upgrade, so maybe this has to do with the problem I'm trying to expose here.

I have the three models (2017, 2019 Pro and 2019 Tube) I do not appreciate differences between the 2017 and 2019 Pro while playing high bitrate HEVC HDR content. 2019 Tube... that's another history

Riggs

Well the AI is not in the tegra 2017 -_-

Maybe I gonna need to do what I almost always do after an upgrade to solve some issues like that. 

Reset...

But I gonna wait around two weeks to wait some fix update from Nvidia

Thanks

Edited by Riggs

CBers
On 28/08/2020 at 07:03, CBers said:

The Sonos Beam is always on, as it has Alexa built into it, but yes I have rebooted the Shield a few times since the upgrade. 

I restarted the Shield and had music playing on the Beam whilst doing so, but still the same result. 

It was working perfectly before the SE upgrade. 

Anyway of having additional options added to the app to (force) pass the correct/remuxed audio through to our soundbars please? 

Any further thoughts please @ebr?

Are you able to force pass through the audio to the receiver with additional options in the app? 

I know it might confuse some people and may cause more support issues, but this is a real PITA. 

FYI, Plex has the same issues on the same Shield/Sonos combination, so definitely a firmware issue. 

Thanks. 

FrostByte
23 minutes ago, Mkilbride said:

Still issues with PGS subtitles however...that Plex doesn't have.

Dual layer PGS will be a problem until they are complete with their  modified Exoplayer they started working on.

Mkilbride

I hope it happens soon. A lot of my archived releases are using PGS these days. FInding ASS / SSA and whatnot isn't a solution and can't always be found anyways. When two subtitles appear on screen, one always disappears.

Edited by Mkilbride

Riggs
21 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

Dual layer PGS will be a problem until they are complete with their  modified Exoplayer they started working on.

Two years ago or so right?

1 hour ago, Riggs said:

Two years ago or so right?

No.  This is recent in the past month.

For the reader - most PGS subs are no problem.  It is only dual-layer PGS subs.

Mkilbride

Nah. My issue is with all PGS and SSA / ASS Subtitles. They need to be burned in or they disappear when more than one speaking characters subtitles are displayed, which is not the case in Plex, but I'm just repeating what I said months ago. I've been waiting, but sadly, no fix yet.