Sign In Error

bacardi8

bacardi8

Hi All,

Im new here and also new to Emby.

I run into some problems regarding missing library.

after I uninstall Emby, and install it again on my synology NAS all my library is gone, and im also not able to add them again.

it says the path could not be found. I can also not log in to my server using the web.

anyone who have similar issues...???

bacardi8

Hi All,

HEEEEEEELP is very much needed.

I cant sign in to my server, either on my synology or by using web. I think something got messed up with username and password.

I also cant connect the emby txt file after using " forgotten password"

Is there a way to reset all without having any access...???

Riggs

Check your network, if you can't access your server

1 hour ago, bacardi8 said:

Hi All,

HEEEEEEELP is very much needed.

I cant sign in to my server, either on my synology or by using web. I think something got messed up with username and password

What server? Your NAS or Emby?

Check your network and router

bacardi8

Hi Riggs

Thanks for replying, its Emby.

actually earlier today i uninstall Emby from my synology, and install it again by using the synology dsm interface.

somehow something went wrong, so i uninstall again, went to Emby for synology, downloaded the app and made a manually install.

I think something was changed with my username at the login page, i just hit enter and I got access, but when i went in there was no library, so I logged out to try again,

but this time dont have any access anymore with my original log in details, maybe due to windows login manager.

its hard to explain actually 😒

status now is that im not able to login to Emby, either on my synology or by using the web from browser in windows

bacardi8

I also created a new server under a username which i didn't see was changed, i guess that's why there was no library inside.

but also on this i can't login anymore, maybe now because i tried too many times, i don't know

17 minutes ago, bacardi8 said:

I also created a new server under a username which i didn't see was changed, i guess that's why there was no library inside.

but also on this i can't login anymore, maybe now because i tried too many times, i don't know

Hi,

You're not trying to run multiple servers at the same time are you?

Have you tried uninstalling, removing the directories that may still be present, then installing fresh again going through Emby Setup?

Edited by cayars

Would you mind uninstalling completely then trying to install again under the proper username?

When you reinstalled this, did it walk you through setup?  IE you had to give a username, add a password, setup libraries?

OK so that means after uninstalling you didn't manually remove the existing emby server directory where all the database and configuration data is stored.

You need to do that.  I don't use Emby on a NAS so I'm not sure exactly where this is located but maybe you can search the nas for library.db.

Hopefully someone can jump in and tell you what location to remove.

Hi, what path area you trying to add?

If you can't login to your server using the web, then how are you able to try to add a library?

bacardi8

Hi Luke,

It was when I had Emby up running, after I'm of course also not able to add a library due to that i can't login.

I have created a topic here also about sign in errors, this is related to this actually.

I have somehow created two logins by mistake, and now I can't access by any of these logins.

bacardi8

Hi again cayars,

Yes, I didn't remove this folder. I know where this folder is located, so you want me to delete that if possible...??? 

Yes remove it all and start over which will be the simplest thing for you I believe.

bacardi8

this I can't, I don't have permission for that it says. Probably because of lthe ogin detail issues I have for Emby

Aren't you the admin of the NAS?  Login as the admin and you can delete anything like this.