Music Video naming

dcol

I setup a new Emby server and forgot where the setting was to use the file name instead of the imvdb naming, which is 90% inaccurate.

Any idea?

which plugin? I don,t have IMVDB installed. I remember fixing this issue in the past but couldn,t find the post.

As an example, Jethro Tull file, Locomotive Breath.mp4, is called ,Breath After Breath, in the library. I want to use the file names, not the title that comes from who knows where

I almost guarantee the issue is tagging and structure of the music causing you grief.

Wrong folder structure or having files above the album level will cause you grief.  If you stick with

/music/artist/album/songs

and make sure there is no files above the SONGS level you will make life very easy on yourself by not allowing upstream  files to influence your matching. Do that and tag all your songs properly and Emby will get your music correct.

Putting a file at a higher folder level (that is wrong) will destroy you if not every song is tagged wrong because you're setting the "priority" with that higher file.

In your case Breath after Breath by Duran Duran tell me you have something Duran Duran at an improper folder level ABOVE your Aqualung album.

These are videos, not songs. The folder structue is \Artist\Video.mp4. The library type is 'Music Videos. There are no metadata downloaders selected. Where is the incorrect titles coming from? My music library is fine.

• Like 1

I did that in an above post. see screenshot of the Jethro Tull page. Every artist has messed up titles. Where are they coming from?

emby1.jpg

Here are the wrong - correct titles. If it wasn't listed, it was correct. I did try 'Replace all metadata' and 'Scan Library Files'

Boys In The Wood - Songs from the Wood

Breath After Breath - Locomotive Breath

Call The Shots - Wondering Aloud

Come Back To Me - Back to the Family

Down In The Past - Living Past in the Past

Eggshells - Aqualung

Hymn - Hymn43

Life's A Cinch - Life's a Long Song

Life's a Long Song - Minstrel In The Gallery

Just looked at the tags and the bad titles are not present in the file metadata. FileName shows as actual file name. I used Metadata++

These titles are not coming from the file metadata.

15 hours ago, dcol said:

These are videos, not songs. The folder structue is \Artist\Video.mp4. The library type is 'Music Videos. There are no metadata downloaders selected. Where is the incorrect titles coming from? My music library is fine.

For your Music Video library what is the actual path you added to the library?

Just now, cayars said:

For your Music Video library what is the actual path you added to the library?

d:\MusicVideos\Artist\file.mp4

This was not an issue until I created a new Emby server. I did a restore from a backup on the old server. And this is only happening in this one library. I have 21 other libraries, but only one using 'Music Videos' content type.

Are you sure you didn't mean you added d:\MusicVideos as the path for the VideoLibrary in it's Library setup?

Yes, M:\MusicVideos is the path in the library settings. And M:\MusicVideos\Artist\file.mp4 is the structure I am using. Is that not the correct way of doing it?

Yes that's fine.

Now make sure there are no files in M:\MusicVideos but only the artist folders.  Inside each Artist folder should be nothing but the Video files which have been tagged.

Do that and each should show up correctly.

That is how it is setup. My main question is, where are these titles coming from? It's as though an online db is being accessed when I did not set any up. I do NOT want the metadata coming from anywhere. I want Emby to use the file name as the title like it has in the past. I vaguely remember editing some file somewhere to make it happen last time.

"Prefer embedded titles over filenames"  is not select, I also tried it select, no change.

Unless there is a way to batch tag, this is not reasonable since I have 4500 of them.

Where did this tagging come from in the first place?

What I think I will try next is to delete the library and recreate it.

Fixed it by deleting the library and all the nfo's then recreating and scanning the library. Now all the titles are correct.

• Like 1

So the answer as to where the info came from that you didn't want, it was in your nfo files.

Apparently. Still not sure how the nfo's got those titles. Must have been when I did the initial scan after installing Emby.

On 8/28/2020 at 6:56 PM, dcol said:

Apparently. Still not sure how the nfo's got those titles. Must have been when I did the initial scan after installing Emby.

Because previously you had the internet metadata enabled, and those results got saved to the nfo file.

Ok, that would explain it. All I really needed to do was delete the nfo's, then run 'replace metadata'.