outside local network acces tutorial

capdestre

capdestre

Hi everyone! I just got my Emby up and running in my Synology NAS and I am quite happy with ut, although I am looking for a step by step tutorial and how to get it to work from outside my local network. Any suggestion? thanks alot!

tomnjerry74
15 hours ago, capdestre said:

Hi everyone! I just got my Emby up and running in my Synology NAS and I am quite happy with ut, although I am looking for a step by step tutorial and how to get it to work from outside my local network. Any suggestion? thanks alot!

Since you're on Synology, you can always just keep LAN access enabled in Emby, disable WAN, and use a reverse proxy (which can be configured entirely in the DSM gui). If you are interested and need some help, let me know. Otherwise, what cayars linked will help you set up Emby WAN.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in a similar spot, but haven't been able to figure out a fix yet. For some reason, Emby will not connect at all outside of a LAN. I can access my server just fine, plex fine, all other apps fine, but Emby says the server is off. It works fine on LAN though.

42 minutes ago, Pat_S said:

I'm in a similar spot, but haven't been able to figure out a fix yet. For some reason, Emby will not connect at all outside of a LAN. I can access my server just fine, plex fine, all other apps fine, but Emby says the server is off. It works fine on LAN though.

Hi,

Did you setup Emby per the knowledge base article?

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001849007-connectivity

How far do you make it doing the diagnostic/troubleshooting steps in that article?