The difference between emby and kodi about BDMV folder‘s *.nfo file location

xingyu

For Blu-ray movies in the form of folders, emby’s nfo files are located in the outer folder, while other software such as kodi are located in the BDMV folder. The difference in the location of their nfo files makes them not universal, which is very inconvenient. I cannot use emby's nfo file in other soft.

Is there a way to make emby's nfo files stored in the BDMV folder by default。

emby1.png.d6734e560afa8a8d942b26dead611921.png

emby2.png.31263d60e86f9b7049bf174bc88b5d7c.png

image.png

4 minutes ago, Luke said:

Putting it in the Blu-ray bdmv folder, is that really a good idea?

I don't think so, but it may be that kodi appeared earlier than emby. Some media players with poster walls app, such as Zidoo, are compatible with kodi nfo files.

Emby app For example, Android TV does not support Blu-ray format play well, and can not use the excellent playback software that comes with the player. It can only use kodi, vlc, etc. as external players, but the Blu-ray format does not work.

• 1 year later...

I also face this issue today after switching to TinyMediaManager to manage my library.

First TMM will not recognize any of the movie.xml or movie.nfo in the root folder of a Movie.

Instead TMM saves index.nfo inside the BDMV folder.

But now Emby will not recognize any of the index.nfo files inside BDMV so my entire Emby library of BDMV movies are screwed.

Argh... so frustrating!  Is there a solution to this? Especially since I just deleted all the movie.xml and movie.nfo files, not knowing that Emby would not read inside the BDMV folder's index.nfo files.

Edited by mbguy

GrimReaper
5 hours ago, mbguy said:

I also face this issue today after switching to TinyMediaManager to manage my library.

First TMM will not recognize any of the movie.xml or movie.nfo in the root folder of a Movie.

Instead TMM saves index.nfo inside the BDMV folder.

But now Emby will not recognize any of the index.nfo files inside BDMV so my entire Emby library of BDMV movies are screwed.

Argh... so frustrating!  Is there a solution to this? Especially since I just deleted all the movie.xml and movie.nfo files, not knowing that Emby would not read inside the BDMV folder's index.nfo files.

TMM was built primarily with Kodi in mind, and as such adheres to Kodi conventions/standards mostly everywhere, albeit support for other Media Centers has been somewhat expanded over time. 

There's is no inherent ability within TMM to get desired result, but you can make use of its Post-processing feature and simply copy/move that nfo up one level to root folder:

https://www.tinymediamanager.org/docs/post-processing

either by invoking an external script or using inline scripting.