Roku TV Emby Channel

halkernel

Gilgamesh_48
3 minutes ago, speechles said:

@halkernel Not yet. We need to check first.

@ebr

Jw1k7Qv.png

The above is an example. I have no idea which are checked. This is just an example above to show all the territories.

There are definitely new territories added that will need check marks if you haven't checked this in awhile. Are you sure on both Beta and Store all these are all checked? Not to nag. Just do not want to seem we hate Brazil. We love Brazil. RONALDO AM SCORE GOAL! GOAAAALLLL! Believe me.. there is no hate of Brazil here. Not in this world. We just need to check all the boxes. Roku added new territories with new boxes to check. That is all this is.

I just checked with a friend of mine who lives in Perth. She has a Roku and she has Emby, both the "regular" and Beta apps. However she is quite elderly, even more so than I, and she does not know how to even check for sure what region her Roku thinks it is in and I cannot seem to walk her through to the proper screens and she gets easily frustrated when she does not understand what she is doing and, for her, frustration leads to anger and she is too old for anger to be a positive emotion so I stopped trying to find out more about her setup.

Is the Beta world-wide too? And "are checked" .. "were checked" ... doesn't matter which. Just that all are checked and all checked to be sure all the checks are all checked. Thanks @ebr ;)

@halkernel I would say try again in about an hour both the links above. By that time Roku caches around the world should have updated that on all the store fronts. Hopefully. Sorry for the problems.

Gilgamesh_48
7 minutes ago, ebr said:

All Countries are checked in our published channel.

Do you have "Rest of world" checked as well?

13 minutes ago, Gilgamesh_48 said:

I just checked with a friend of mine who lives in Perth. She has a Roku and she has Emby, both the "regular" and Beta apps. However she is quite elderly, even more so than I, and she does not know how to even check for sure what region her Roku thinks it is in and I cannot seem to walk her through to the proper screens and she gets easily frustrated when she does not understand what she is doing and, for her, frustration leads to anger and she is too old for anger to be a positive emotion so I stopped trying to find out more about her setup.

Yeah that has always bothered me that Australia is referred to as "Rest of the world" and the privileged few (the golden territories where Roku can print money) get actual territory names.

There is nothing stopping an Australian from getting a "real Roku" instead of the Telstra crippled Roku and having a full curated Roku store. Brazil has the Roku TV platform only. They have to buy an entire new television to get a Roku and it only works on that TV. Otherwise the Brazil government isn't having it.. But nothing stopping a person in Brazil buying a "real Roku" and using there to get the full store.

The world is not fair. If it were we would all have tickets, smiles on our faces, drinks in hand and the smell of cotton candy and corn dogs on our breath. But the reality is we all get a fragmented experience. Distribution agreements are billion dollar decisions and Roku is but a distributor. Roku isn't producing any content. They just exist. Their entire existence rides on their devices and their services.

Edited by speechles

halkernel

Just that all are checked and all checked to be sure all the checks are all checked.

lol.

Thank you very much. I will check again in one hour the links you posted.

13 minutes ago, Gilgamesh_48 said:

I love your wit. Technically a good question. But since he said he only checked countries and rest of world is a phrase. Yep. Had to ask. Love that.. lol..

Anywhere a checkmark exists on channel stores you click it or lose that geography as an audience. Rest of world is the largest group of eyeballs one would imagine. It includes everybody in China and India.

Gilgamesh_48
8 minutes ago, speechles said:

I love your wit. Technically a good question. But since he said he only checked countries and rest of world is a phrase. Yep. Had to ask. Love that.. lol..

Anywhere a checkmark exists on channel stores you click it or lose that geography as an audience. Rest of world is the largest group of eyeballs one would imagine. It includes everybody in China and India.

I have often wondered if "Rest of world" works consistently as advertised. I have friends is several obscure parts of the world including one in Monaco and two on Tuvalu. The one in Monaco never has any problem with his Roku and getting apps but the two on Tuvalu seem to often become unable to get apps they should have access to with the message that the app is not available in their region but the apps will magically become available a few hours later or the next day. It is like Roku's store forgets where Tuvalu is and then remembers later. As you might guess Tuvalu is in the "rest of world" as far as Roku is concerned.

I do not know what is happening but "Rest of world" seems to be "unstable" in the Ruku database at some times. (Or, maybe, it is Roku that is "unstable.")

BTW: The ISP being used on Tuvalu is locally maintained and, over the last few years, it has a 99% up time and, since it ties directly into a major trunk line and its usage is low the people using it get speeds of 200 up or better and 300 down or better. Their only real problem is latency to some areas.

halkernel

I did the test. Here: https://my.roku.com/account/add it still saying that it is not available in my country. And in the /internacional (the way the path is being spelled in portuguese-br) it also doesn't appear.

I will check again in another hour.

Edited by halkernel

2 hours ago, Gilgamesh_48 said:

All the available options are checked.

https://support.roku.com/article/208757008

Did you make sure you factory reset the Roku? Then created the new account with a Brazilian IP address on Roku.com getting redirected to PT-BR. Then create your Roku account. Now on the Roku that was factory reset it will generate a new PIN. Go to https://my.roku.com/link and link your device. 

That is all you should have to do. If you have already done this I apologize. You need to call Roku at: 1 (816) 272-8106  and explain to support the issue and maybe they have some new way users in Brazil are supposed to do this. They may be able to help. They may also just waste your time. You roll the dice calling them and hope for the best. 

Either way keep us informed and apologies again this is a pain in the a$$. It should be easier but legalities make it what it is.

halkernel

Yeah, I'm sure I factory reset. I followed the same steps the link you posted shows me. Brazilian support doesn't work, I will try the phone you suggested. And also I emailed them yesterday. I'll let you know.

• 2 weeks later...
halkernel

They have answered my support ticket telling me that they sent my concerns to the engineering department for a better analysis. They also told me that the EMBY is not completely synchronized with all the roku installation platform, and will investigate to confirm what is happening in brazil so I can install it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
halkernel

Hello, Guys.

Roku support never answered back my questions about emby. But I kept sending them several emails. (I think that worked lol)

But today I found this in the Personal Media section on roku website. Also, the emby can be found by typing it in the search bar.

Also, I just tested on my tv. It is fully functional.

Thank you all for all the support. :)

image.png.d90f45681ffac401e86e9eb18200353a.png

• Like 1